ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by woopesh »

*horcrux* wrote:
woopesh wrote: A boots or sainsburys are fine if you can't find a buttfucks.
If you can't find a what?
£3.15 for a small (aka tall) nitro cold brew ice coffee? Total buttfuck.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by Brandy »

landohairspray wrote:There's a bloke at our office who does his delivery with no shirt on! I do keep wondering what the RM rules and regs are with this, but managers never say anything to him.
Good job its not a woman!!!! :shock:
Angwyn
Posts: 76
Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
Gender: Female

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by Angwyn »

Do you think we could get away with these? :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by bustedflush »

doorstepped wrote:Daisy dukes are the best to wear, although I got told to not wear them again as my bollocks hung out of the gusset. ;)
Surprised RM haven't had them off of you yet.....

I always wore the blue shirt, lightweight Lonsdale cheap shorts with the side pockets, in a grey similar to RM colour and baseball cap. Although don't do what I did and wear it backwards to guard the back of your neck, and end up with a horizontal 'D' shape suntanned into your forehead. Could still make it out in October/November. :oops: :oops: :oops:
knackeredneedadayoff
Posts: 342
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
Gender: Male

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by knackeredneedadayoff »

i take out three large water bottles,one to pour over head every 3 loops to cool down
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Angwyn wrote:Do you think we could get away with these? :-D
Handy for the bastard seagulls on the round I was on last week..............
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by robbertwhitton »

Just hope your not doing too much lapsing so your not out in the mid day sun?!!! And all these methods will no doubt take extra time which as we know Royal Mail aren't keen on as much as they like to think they have our interests at heart mmmmmm
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by postslippete »

There's one guy who just wears his hi-vi with no shirt underneath in the heat of summer with shorts. I mean why bother with a red or blue shirt? Its only going to get really sweaty under the arms anyway.

Oh, and a cooler box with a few drinks in the van
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Angwyn
Posts: 76
Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
Gender: Female

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by Angwyn »

peshwaarinaan wrote:Handy for the bastard seagulls on the round I was on last week..............
:chuckle
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by rambo1 »

DocketLefty wrote:Roll your sleeves up, roll your shorts up.... show some chest & wear a hat. Also put 2 litres of water in the freezer the night before.
Roll yer sleeves up? Isn't that what short sleeve shirts were invented for. Unless you mean the short sleeve shirt, in which case you must look like Danny zucho from grease!
Lilly J
Posts: 22
Joined: 18 Apr 2017, 17:29
Gender: Female

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by Lilly J »

Thanks guys! All of this is really helpful. I've just found some lightweight cotton dark blue shorts in TkMaxx, so am going to wear them tomorrow. I can't believe that as a newbie, I can't order a hat yet! (Or a belt!) What's that all about?! And no idea why they haven't brought out a RM t-shirt for summer. Is there any way we can put forward uniform suggestions, or is that too advanced for RM?!

Oh, and I got asked to do a bit of lapsing as well as my HCT round today! Lapsing sucks! :-/
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by Interested-seeker »

Lilly J wrote:Thanks guys! All of this is really helpful. I've just found some lightweight cotton dark blue shorts in TkMaxx, so am going to wear them tomorrow. I can't believe that as a newbie, I can't order a hat yet! (Or a belt!) What's that all about?! And no idea why they haven't brought out a RM t-shirt for summer. Is there any way we can put forward uniform suggestions, or is that too advanced for RM?!

Oh, and I got asked to do a bit of lapsing as well as my HCT round today! Lapsing sucks! :-/
Hi, I managed to order a belt within my first two weeks. Just ring up the phone number and ask them. It probably depends on the person who you are talking to, but I have found them to be helpful. :)

I do agree that RM needs to bring out a T-shirt for summer or at least let Posties buy and wear plain red cotton t-shirt. I'm also wondering if there is anyway to put forth suggestions to RM.
walkthewalk
Posts: 220
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
Gender: Male

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by walkthewalk »

The best way to keep cool is to have a "brown nose" that way you can stay indoors with the air-con and cold drinks at hand, God do I hate the sniffling creeps :coolr :evil/mad
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by Brandy »

postslippete wrote:There's one guy who just wears his hi-vi with no shirt underneath in the heat of summer with shorts. I mean why bother with a red or blue shirt? Its only going to get really sweaty under the arms anyway.

Oh, and a cooler box with a few drinks in the van
You could always deliver naked!! At least you would get an all over tan!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Stunl3y
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 11:57
Gender: Male

How to keep cool - RM uniform

Post by Stunl3y »

walkthewalk wrote:The best way to keep cool is to have a "brown nose" that way you can stay indoors with the air-con and cold drinks at hand, God do I hate the sniffling creeps :coolr :evil/mad
Air Con and Cold drinks !!! where do you work I will put in a transfer