£3.15 for a small (aka tall) nitro cold brew ice coffee? Total buttfuck.*horcrux* wrote:If you can't find a what?woopesh wrote: A boots or sainsburys are fine if you can't find a buttfucks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How to keep cool - RM uniform
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
How to keep cool - RM uniform
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
How to keep cool - RM uniform
Good job its not a woman!!!!landohairspray wrote:There's a bloke at our office who does his delivery with no shirt on! I do keep wondering what the RM rules and regs are with this, but managers never say anything to him.
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
How to keep cool - RM uniform
Do you think we could get away with these? :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
How to keep cool - RM uniform
Surprised RM haven't had them off of you yet.....doorstepped wrote:Daisy dukes are the best to wear, although I got told to not wear them again as my bollocks hung out of the gusset. ;)
I always wore the blue shirt, lightweight Lonsdale cheap shorts with the side pockets, in a grey similar to RM colour and baseball cap. Although don't do what I did and wear it backwards to guard the back of your neck, and end up with a horizontal 'D' shape suntanned into your forehead. Could still make it out in October/November.
-
knackeredneedadayoff
- Posts: 342
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
How to keep cool - RM uniform
i take out three large water bottles,one to pour over head every 3 loops to cool down
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
How to keep cool - RM uniform
Handy for the bastard seagulls on the round I was on last week..............Angwyn wrote:Do you think we could get away with these? :-D
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
How to keep cool - RM uniform
Just hope your not doing too much lapsing so your not out in the mid day sun?!!! And all these methods will no doubt take extra time which as we know Royal Mail aren't keen on as much as they like to think they have our interests at heart mmmmmm
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
How to keep cool - RM uniform
There's one guy who just wears his hi-vi with no shirt underneath in the heat of summer with shorts. I mean why bother with a red or blue shirt? Its only going to get really sweaty under the arms anyway.
Oh, and a cooler box with a few drinks in the van
Oh, and a cooler box with a few drinks in the van
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
How to keep cool - RM uniform
peshwaarinaan wrote:Handy for the bastard seagulls on the round I was on last week..............
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
How to keep cool - RM uniform
Roll yer sleeves up? Isn't that what short sleeve shirts were invented for. Unless you mean the short sleeve shirt, in which case you must look like Danny zucho from grease!DocketLefty wrote:Roll your sleeves up, roll your shorts up.... show some chest & wear a hat. Also put 2 litres of water in the freezer the night before.
-
Lilly J
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 18 Apr 2017, 17:29
- Gender: Female
How to keep cool - RM uniform
Thanks guys! All of this is really helpful. I've just found some lightweight cotton dark blue shorts in TkMaxx, so am going to wear them tomorrow. I can't believe that as a newbie, I can't order a hat yet! (Or a belt!) What's that all about?! And no idea why they haven't brought out a RM t-shirt for summer. Is there any way we can put forward uniform suggestions, or is that too advanced for RM?!
Oh, and I got asked to do a bit of lapsing as well as my HCT round today! Lapsing sucks! :-/
Oh, and I got asked to do a bit of lapsing as well as my HCT round today! Lapsing sucks! :-/
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
How to keep cool - RM uniform
Hi, I managed to order a belt within my first two weeks. Just ring up the phone number and ask them. It probably depends on the person who you are talking to, but I have found them to be helpful. :)Lilly J wrote:Thanks guys! All of this is really helpful. I've just found some lightweight cotton dark blue shorts in TkMaxx, so am going to wear them tomorrow. I can't believe that as a newbie, I can't order a hat yet! (Or a belt!) What's that all about?! And no idea why they haven't brought out a RM t-shirt for summer. Is there any way we can put forward uniform suggestions, or is that too advanced for RM?!
Oh, and I got asked to do a bit of lapsing as well as my HCT round today! Lapsing sucks! :-/
I do agree that RM needs to bring out a T-shirt for summer or at least let Posties buy and wear plain red cotton t-shirt. I'm also wondering if there is anyway to put forth suggestions to RM.
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
How to keep cool - RM uniform
The best way to keep cool is to have a "brown nose" that way you can stay indoors with the air-con and cold drinks at hand, God do I hate the sniffling creeps

-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
How to keep cool - RM uniform
You could always deliver naked!! At least you would get an all over tan!!!!!!postslippete wrote:There's one guy who just wears his hi-vi with no shirt underneath in the heat of summer with shorts. I mean why bother with a red or blue shirt? Its only going to get really sweaty under the arms anyway.
Oh, and a cooler box with a few drinks in the van
-
Stunl3y
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 11:57
- Gender: Male
How to keep cool - RM uniform
Air Con and Cold drinks !!! where do you work I will put in a transferwalkthewalk wrote:The best way to keep cool is to have a "brown nose" that way you can stay indoors with the air-con and cold drinks at hand, God do I hate the sniffling creeps![]()