In my work they're quick to ask for favours but not so quick when I want to book or swap days off, consequently I don't do any favours.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
management phoning me on my days off to come into work
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
management phoning me on my days off to come into work
Think of it this way. They are quick to ask you to come in on overtime on your day off or indeed any other dau to "help out", have they "helped you" out when you wanted a day off ?
In my work they're quick to ask for favours but not so quick when I want to book or swap days off, consequently I don't do any favours.
In my work they're quick to ask for favours but not so quick when I want to book or swap days off, consequently I don't do any favours.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
worthings
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 21:18
- Gender: Male
management phoning me on my days off to come into work
I turned my phone off while on delivery and they drove out too me to do some extra
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
management phoning me on my days off to come into work
hope you told them where to goworthings wrote:I turned my phone off while on delivery and they drove out too me to do some extra
-
Gangham_style14
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
- Gender: Male
management phoning me on my days off to come into work
I get a text a week before my rotation.... can I work any my rotation ? FOCK NO !!!!!!
Our office is understaffed it's ridiculous
Our office is understaffed it's ridiculous
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
management phoning me on my days off to come into work
in a dodgy voice answer "Chinese Laundry"

-
aintsayin6766997
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 16:53
- Gender: Male
management phoning me on my days off to come into work
I don't have a phone, but if I did they wouldn't have my number.
Is it too difficult to shrug off this self-imposed tyranny?
Is it too difficult to shrug off this self-imposed tyranny?
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
management phoning me on my days off to come into work
I find being a bit rude works well.
DIM: Do you want to work on your rest day?
ME:No.
DIM:Please we are so short.
ME: I'm in the middle of something. I'll see you (day after rest day) Hope you can find someone. Bye.
Hang up.
I'm driving as a precursor to hanging up works well too. Any bullshit excuse will do.
No need to keep dragging it out. They don't call back. Sometimes they do take offense, but hey. Better than the ridiculous tooing and froing that comes from not hanging up on them and having to say no again and again.
DIM: Do you want to work on your rest day?
ME:No.
DIM:Please we are so short.
ME: I'm in the middle of something. I'll see you (day after rest day) Hope you can find someone. Bye.
Hang up.
I'm driving as a precursor to hanging up works well too. Any bullshit excuse will do.
No need to keep dragging it out. They don't call back. Sometimes they do take offense, but hey. Better than the ridiculous tooing and froing that comes from not hanging up on them and having to say no again and again.
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
management phoning me on my days off to come into work
The easiest advice is just say no thanks you have already made plans, even if your plans are simply to just lounge around your house all day & enjoy a relaxing day off.woking wrote:for the past few months I dread my days off as I know that management will be ringing asking me to come into work.we've had a lot go sick at our office & they are very short on cover so occasionally I do go in & help them out but lately it's been getting beyond a joke & I'm seriously thinking about changing my phone number just so I can enjoy my time off & not have the worry that they will be calling.thay have now started calling from private numbers so I don't know who's calling. i keep saying I don't want or need the overtime but they don't listen.what can I do?
If you don't even want to deal with talking with them, I'd just ignore the call, generally speaking I don't answer any calls from withheld numbers anyway as 99.99% of the time they're scam calls, people looking me to buy something or just in general people I've no interest in talking to.
If the problem is them even calling you to begin with, the only way to get them to stop that is to just ask them could they not contact you on your day off for any reason.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
management phoning me on my days off to come into work
My missus came up with the perfect excuse..." you can either fall out with your boss, or you can fall out with me!" NO CONTEST! That was many years ago and they haven't asked me since. 