Hey everyone, just thought I would give an update on this situation.
So after I got the reps involved, I thought that was it. However a few days later I received a letter from my Dom stating I would not be paid. Due to him not finding the absence as necessary.
After a few phone calls and legal action threats, I got my wages back dated.
He says it is the way the company is now and was out of his hands.
So I thought that was that. But got a letter this morning saying I have to attend a meeting to discuss my poor attendance. Since I had 14 days absence, I am on a stage 1 warning. Normally I would just say fair enough but after the s**t storm of this situation, I'm not to happy about that. My main concern is
I was off for 14 "Earth days" but only 10 working days. So Royal mail are counting Sundays and days off as a sick day. A bit odd me thinks.
So I assume for people in the future it will stand like this. If my day off was Saturday and I was off ill on Friday, then by Monday I will have accumulated 3 sick days and on the Monday I will be paid due to their no pay for 3 days rule that is now implemented but haven't actually been official.
I plan to discuss all this at my meeting next week.
I never thought taking a sick line would cause so much hassle. I think I will be working on my death bed feom now on a
