ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
-
SierraOscarBravo
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
It's no exaggeration to say that without door to door mailings the business would fold overnight.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
That was my point, I think if they were targeted properly then the rewards would be greater. Bat that is too difficult compared to saturation coverage with huge waste of time and material.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Well, I thought it was partly a debate on the quality of them, and if we could get the business to target them more accurately, perhaps we would make more money, and make the job more secure.gb93 wrote:What a debate on the best way to throw away our jobsrubberbond wrote:It's called debate.gb93 wrote:We get paid to deliver mail (d2d included) what's the fuss.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
It's not RM job to target them it's the company's who pay to get them delivered.
Going down this route could lead to delivery postman deciding they can target them how they please.
Very dangerous territory let's just stick to the way it is.
If you haven't got time to do them all cut off if they stop you getting an earlier than usual finish tough.
Going down this route could lead to delivery postman deciding they can target them how they please.
Very dangerous territory let's just stick to the way it is.
If you haven't got time to do them all cut off if they stop you getting an earlier than usual finish tough.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
I never used to mind delivering the D2Ds. In fact, when we had the old payment for doing D2Ds I often used to deliver other peoples D2Ds for them on a Sunday as it used to be a nice little earner, especially when you had half a dozen lots. And I didn't give a monkeys what the general public thought about them because our customers are actually those who pay us to deliver them.
Now if I have half a dozen lots I will try and ensure that I leave a couple of loops behind instead because we don't actually get paid for them anymore. We only receive a basic delivery supplement instead.
Now if I have half a dozen lots I will try and ensure that I leave a couple of loops behind instead because we don't actually get paid for them anymore. We only receive a basic delivery supplement instead.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
AceMark
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 08 Feb 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
So, did Roger Annies get the sack? Doesn't tell you in the articles.
I think that people should be made aware of the process for unsubscribing to unaddressed Mail on every item. It should be regulated the same way it is in junk email.
However being a postie I can also see the detrimental effect this would have on my wages. £1245.92 a year pro rata's a lot of money to be lost.
I think that people should be made aware of the process for unsubscribing to unaddressed Mail on every item. It should be regulated the same way it is in junk email.
However being a postie I can also see the detrimental effect this would have on my wages. £1245.92 a year pro rata's a lot of money to be lost.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
I believe he got taken off deliveries and put on indoor work somewhere.AceMark wrote:So, did Roger Annies get the sack? Doesn't tell you in the articles.
I think that people should be made aware of the process for unsubscribing to unaddressed Mail on every item. It should be regulated the same way it is in junk email.
However being a postie I can also see the detrimental effect this would have on my wages. £1245.92 a year pro rata's a lot of money to be lost.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
You are quite right,however, what's to stop RM guiding the customer, I don't understand your point about targeting by individual postmen, l personally will deliver what I'm given to deliver, I just think of all the "surplus" items in the office,cluttering the place up and think what a waste of resources, and the items I deliver that are completely misplaced, in terms of target, like the garage door example, yes we all know they get dumped by people in the office,but that is yet another management failure.gb93 wrote:It's not RM job to target them it's the company's who pay to get them delivered.
Going down this route could lead to delivery postman deciding they can target them how they please.
Very dangerous territory let's just stick to the way it is.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
Helps pay moya's wages you mean.Chitchat wrote:The revenue from d2ds helps pay our wages. Theres always the odd customer that gets funny about them. But direct them online to opt out if there that bothered. Delivering D2ds helps royal mail deliver packets at a more competative price.
I used to receive £50 doing 3000 D2Ds some weeks, I'd rather they keep the £20 less tax and not do any.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
On the plus side I get £20 a week now for not delivering any!masterblaster wrote:Helps pay moya's wages you mean.Chitchat wrote:The revenue from d2ds helps pay our wages. Theres always the odd customer that gets funny about them. But direct them online to opt out if there that bothered. Delivering D2ds helps royal mail deliver packets at a more competative price.
I used to receive £50 doing 3000 D2Ds some weeks, I'd rather they keep the £20 less tax and not do any.
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
I just don't get it, we need work to fill our day and justify our wages. I say bring on more d2ds because we are struggling to see growth in any other areas of the business.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
You don't get it do you.Chitchat wrote:I just don't get it, we need work to fill our day and justify our wages. I say bring on more d2ds because we are struggling to see growth in any other areas of the business.
Less mail less d2d = getting finished even earlier if the union can't be making sure we all on deliveries finish 2 hours early every day what's the point of having one
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
Don't think you understand my point,gb93 wrote:You don't get it do you.Chitchat wrote:I just don't get it, we need work to fill our day and justify our wages. I say bring on more d2ds because we are struggling to see growth in any other areas of the business.
Less mail less d2d = getting finished even earlier if the union can't be making sure we all on deliveries finish 2 hours early every day what's the point of having one
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
You don't get it again do youChitchat wrote:Don't think you understand my point,gb93 wrote:You don't get it do you.Chitchat wrote:I just don't get it, we need work to fill our day and justify our wages. I say bring on more d2ds because we are struggling to see growth in any other areas of the business.
Less mail less d2d = getting finished even earlier if the union can't be making sure we all on deliveries finish 2 hours early every day what's the point of having one
Pssst. Sarcasm alert.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
I think you fail to understand the point of a union.gb93 wrote:You don't get it do you.Chitchat wrote:I just don't get it, we need work to fill our day and justify our wages. I say bring on more d2ds because we are struggling to see growth in any other areas of the business.
Less mail less d2d = getting finished even earlier if the union can't be making sure we all on deliveries finish 2 hours early every day what's the point of having one
The aim is for the rep and his little coterie of friends to finish early, not the great unwashed sub payers.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?
gb93 wrote:You don't get it again do youChitchat wrote:Don't think you understand my point,gb93 wrote:You don't get it do you.Chitchat wrote:I just don't get it, we need work to fill our day and justify our wages. I say bring on more d2ds because we are struggling to see growth in any other areas of the business.
Less mail less d2d = getting finished even earlier if the union can't be making sure we all on deliveries finish 2 hours early every day what's the point of having one
Still don't think you understand, but nevermind![]()
Pssst. Sarcasm alert.