ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
SierraOscarBravo
Posts: 156
Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by SierraOscarBravo »

It's no exaggeration to say that without door to door mailings the business would fold overnight.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by rubberbond »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
gb93 wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
gb93 wrote:We get paid to deliver mail (d2d included) what's the fuss.
It's called debate.
What a debate on the best way to throw away our jobs
Well, I thought it was partly a debate on the quality of them, and if we could get the business to target them more accurately, perhaps we would make more money, and make the job more secure.
That was my point, I think if they were targeted properly then the rewards would be greater. Bat that is too difficult compared to saturation coverage with huge waste of time and material.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by gb93 »

It's not RM job to target them it's the company's who pay to get them delivered.
Going down this route could lead to delivery postman deciding they can target them how they please.
Very dangerous territory let's just stick to the way it is.
If you haven't got time to do them all cut off if they stop you getting an earlier than usual finish tough.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by postslippete »

I never used to mind delivering the D2Ds. In fact, when we had the old payment for doing D2Ds I often used to deliver other peoples D2Ds for them on a Sunday as it used to be a nice little earner, especially when you had half a dozen lots. And I didn't give a monkeys what the general public thought about them because our customers are actually those who pay us to deliver them.

Now if I have half a dozen lots I will try and ensure that I leave a couple of loops behind instead because we don't actually get paid for them anymore. We only receive a basic delivery supplement instead.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
AceMark
Posts: 50
Joined: 08 Feb 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by AceMark »

So, did Roger Annies get the sack? Doesn't tell you in the articles.

I think that people should be made aware of the process for unsubscribing to unaddressed Mail on every item. It should be regulated the same way it is in junk email.

However being a postie I can also see the detrimental effect this would have on my wages. £1245.92 a year pro rata's a lot of money to be lost.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by deltaforce »

AceMark wrote:So, did Roger Annies get the sack? Doesn't tell you in the articles.

I think that people should be made aware of the process for unsubscribing to unaddressed Mail on every item. It should be regulated the same way it is in junk email.

However being a postie I can also see the detrimental effect this would have on my wages. £1245.92 a year pro rata's a lot of money to be lost.
I believe he got taken off deliveries and put on indoor work somewhere.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by rubberbond »

gb93 wrote:It's not RM job to target them it's the company's who pay to get them delivered.
Going down this route could lead to delivery postman deciding they can target them how they please.
Very dangerous territory let's just stick to the way it is.
You are quite right,however, what's to stop RM guiding the customer, I don't understand your point about targeting by individual postmen, l personally will deliver what I'm given to deliver, I just think of all the "surplus" items in the office,cluttering the place up and think what a waste of resources, and the items I deliver that are completely misplaced, in terms of target, like the garage door example, yes we all know they get dumped by people in the office,but that is yet another management failure.
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by masterblaster »

Chitchat wrote:The revenue from d2ds helps pay our wages. Theres always the odd customer that gets funny about them. But direct them online to opt out if there that bothered. Delivering D2ds helps royal mail deliver packets at a more competative price.
Helps pay moya's wages you mean.
I used to receive £50 doing 3000 D2Ds some weeks, I'd rather they keep the £20 less tax and not do any.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by number one »

masterblaster wrote:
Chitchat wrote:The revenue from d2ds helps pay our wages. Theres always the odd customer that gets funny about them. But direct them online to opt out if there that bothered. Delivering D2ds helps royal mail deliver packets at a more competative price.
Helps pay moya's wages you mean.
I used to receive £50 doing 3000 D2Ds some weeks, I'd rather they keep the £20 less tax and not do any.
On the plus side I get £20 a week now for not delivering any!
Chitchat
Posts: 366
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by Chitchat »

I just don't get it, we need work to fill our day and justify our wages. I say bring on more d2ds because we are struggling to see growth in any other areas of the business.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by gb93 »

Chitchat wrote:I just don't get it, we need work to fill our day and justify our wages. I say bring on more d2ds because we are struggling to see growth in any other areas of the business.
You don't get it do you.
Less mail less d2d = getting finished even earlier if the union can't be making sure we all on deliveries finish 2 hours early every day what's the point of having one :cuppa
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
Chitchat
Posts: 366
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by Chitchat »

gb93 wrote:
Chitchat wrote:I just don't get it, we need work to fill our day and justify our wages. I say bring on more d2ds because we are struggling to see growth in any other areas of the business.
You don't get it do you.
Less mail less d2d = getting finished even earlier if the union can't be making sure we all on deliveries finish 2 hours early every day what's the point of having one :cuppa
Don't think you understand my point, :arrrghhh
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by gb93 »

Chitchat wrote:
gb93 wrote:
Chitchat wrote:I just don't get it, we need work to fill our day and justify our wages. I say bring on more d2ds because we are struggling to see growth in any other areas of the business.
You don't get it do you.
Less mail less d2d = getting finished even earlier if the union can't be making sure we all on deliveries finish 2 hours early every day what's the point of having one :cuppa
Don't think you understand my point, :arrrghhh
You don't get it again do you :Very Happy






Pssst. Sarcasm alert.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by clashcityrocker »

gb93 wrote:
Chitchat wrote:I just don't get it, we need work to fill our day and justify our wages. I say bring on more d2ds because we are struggling to see growth in any other areas of the business.
You don't get it do you.
Less mail less d2d = getting finished even earlier if the union can't be making sure we all on deliveries finish 2 hours early every day what's the point of having one :cuppa
I think you fail to understand the point of a union.
The aim is for the rep and his little coterie of friends to finish early, not the great unwashed sub payers.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Chitchat
Posts: 366
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
Gender: Male

who opted all postal addresses in the d2d scheme?

Post by Chitchat »

gb93 wrote:
Chitchat wrote:
gb93 wrote:
Chitchat wrote:I just don't get it, we need work to fill our day and justify our wages. I say bring on more d2ds because we are struggling to see growth in any other areas of the business.
You don't get it do you.
Less mail less d2d = getting finished even earlier if the union can't be making sure we all on deliveries finish 2 hours early every day what's the point of having one :cuppa
Don't think you understand my point, :arrrghhh
You don't get it again do you :Very Happy


Still don't think you understand, but nevermind :crazy:



Pssst. Sarcasm alert.