Some of us don't have a choice. RM footwear crippled by feet so I wear Karrimor trainers.robbertwhitton wrote:I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trainers/shoes
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Trainers/shoes
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
I am sympathetic to you my friend,and wasn't being critical,yes they are far from perfect,but some in our office wear what they like ,and any good footwear isn't cheap nowadays,but you do wonder who they get to trial the footwear and uniform??peshwaarinaan wrote:Some of us don't have a choice. RM footwear crippled by feet so I wear Karrimor trainers.robbertwhitton wrote:I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
-
kingeric
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
That's true. I hate using my own footwear. However I have very little choice.peshwaarinaan wrote:Some of us don't have a choice. RM footwear crippled by feet so I wear Karrimor trainers.robbertwhitton wrote:I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
I wear YDS when they have them but even with these I can't complete a whole week with them. If I wear them and weds/thurs is my day off I'm fine. But when it's my long weekend I have no choice but to wear my own comfy trainers one or two days through the week due to the aching caused by the royal mail footwear.
As has been said it really does beggar belief who has trialed these. We always get told they've been trialed but we never get told who/how long/Where etc?
There's no point having a driver or mail centre worker testing them. Or having someone test them based on durability and waterproof but not on comfort.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
does it really matter who tests them at the end of the day if you have sore feet you need special insoles and a decent pair of trainers not the crap RM supply.. and I work in a mc..kingeric wrote:That's true. I hate using my own footwear. However I have very little choice.peshwaarinaan wrote:Some of us don't have a choice. RM footwear crippled by feet so I wear Karrimor trainers.robbertwhitton wrote:I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
I wear YDS when they have them but even with these I can't complete a whole week with them. If I wear them and weds/thurs is my day off I'm fine. But when it's my long weekend I have no choice but to wear my own comfy trainers one or two days through the week due to the aching caused by the royal mail footwear.
As has been said it really does beggar belief who has trialed these. We always get told they've been trialed but we never get told who/how long/Where etc?
There's no point having a driver or mail centre worker testing them. Or having someone test them based on durability and waterproof but not on comfort.
-
kingeric
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
aiden01 wrote:does it really matter who tests them at the end of the day if you have sore feet you need special insoles and a decent pair of trainers not the crap RM supply.. and I work in a mc..kingeric wrote:That's true. I hate using my own footwear. However I have very little choice.peshwaarinaan wrote:Some of us don't have a choice. RM footwear crippled by feet so I wear Karrimor trainers.robbertwhitton wrote:I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
I wear YDS when they have them but even with these I can't complete a whole week with them. If I wear them and weds/thurs is my day off I'm fine. But when it's my long weekend I have no choice but to wear my own comfy trainers one or two days through the week due to the aching caused by the royal mail footwear.
As has been said it really does beggar belief who has trialed these. We always get told they've been trialed but we never get told who/how long/Where etc?
There's no point having a driver or mail centre worker testing them. Or having someone test them based on durability and waterproof but not on comfort.
Of course it matters.
A pair of trainers may be ok if you're generally stood still A lot of the time or doing little walking.
But if your are out actually pounding the streets doing over 12miles a day then that same pair of trainers may not be very good at all.
-
thecompletepackage
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
Ha ha!I've had an order turned down 4 times for new anvils as my current ones are now lethal underfoot. Managers have tried 3 times without success to get the order approved with no joy. I've only had 2 pairs in the last 12 months. What am I supposed to wear?!?!