ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Trainers/shoes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Trainers/shoes

Post by peshwaarinaan »

robbertwhitton wrote:I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
Some of us don't have a choice. RM footwear crippled by feet so I wear Karrimor trainers.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by robbertwhitton »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
Some of us don't have a choice. RM footwear crippled by feet so I wear Karrimor trainers.
I am sympathetic to you my friend,and wasn't being critical,yes they are far from perfect,but some in our office wear what they like ,and any good footwear isn't cheap nowadays,but you do wonder who they get to trial the footwear and uniform??
kingeric
Posts: 133
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by kingeric »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
Some of us don't have a choice. RM footwear crippled by feet so I wear Karrimor trainers.
That's true. I hate using my own footwear. However I have very little choice.

I wear YDS when they have them but even with these I can't complete a whole week with them. If I wear them and weds/thurs is my day off I'm fine. But when it's my long weekend I have no choice but to wear my own comfy trainers one or two days through the week due to the aching caused by the royal mail footwear.

As has been said it really does beggar belief who has trialed these. We always get told they've been trialed but we never get told who/how long/Where etc?

There's no point having a driver or mail centre worker testing them. Or having someone test them based on durability and waterproof but not on comfort.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by aiden01 »

kingeric wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
Some of us don't have a choice. RM footwear crippled by feet so I wear Karrimor trainers.
That's true. I hate using my own footwear. However I have very little choice.

I wear YDS when they have them but even with these I can't complete a whole week with them. If I wear them and weds/thurs is my day off I'm fine. But when it's my long weekend I have no choice but to wear my own comfy trainers one or two days through the week due to the aching caused by the royal mail footwear.

As has been said it really does beggar belief who has trialed these. We always get told they've been trialed but we never get told who/how long/Where etc?

There's no point having a driver or mail centre worker testing them. Or having someone test them based on durability and waterproof but not on comfort.
does it really matter who tests them at the end of the day if you have sore feet you need special insoles and a decent pair of trainers not the crap RM supply.. and I work in a mc..
kingeric
Posts: 133
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by kingeric »

aiden01 wrote:
kingeric wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
Some of us don't have a choice. RM footwear crippled by feet so I wear Karrimor trainers.
That's true. I hate using my own footwear. However I have very little choice.

I wear YDS when they have them but even with these I can't complete a whole week with them. If I wear them and weds/thurs is my day off I'm fine. But when it's my long weekend I have no choice but to wear my own comfy trainers one or two days through the week due to the aching caused by the royal mail footwear.

As has been said it really does beggar belief who has trialed these. We always get told they've been trialed but we never get told who/how long/Where etc?

There's no point having a driver or mail centre worker testing them. Or having someone test them based on durability and waterproof but not on comfort.
does it really matter who tests them at the end of the day if you have sore feet you need special insoles and a decent pair of trainers not the crap RM supply.. and I work in a mc..

Of course it matters.

A pair of trainers may be ok if you're generally stood still A lot of the time or doing little walking.

But if your are out actually pounding the streets doing over 12miles a day then that same pair of trainers may not be very good at all.
thecompletepackage
Posts: 79
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by thecompletepackage »

Ha ha!I've had an order turned down 4 times for new anvils as my current ones are now lethal underfoot. Managers have tried 3 times without success to get the order approved with no joy. I've only had 2 pairs in the last 12 months. What am I supposed to wear?!?!