ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trainers/shoes
-
angelcakes8791
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 23:15
- Gender: Female
Trainers/shoes
I just got some magnums and they're so heavy on my feet I prefer using my trainers! But they're a bit slippery in the wet 
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Trainers/shoes
I always thought you needed a doctors note to wear your own trainers? Heaven help you if you have an RTA or fall over on delivery and damage yourself. They even asked the last guy who had an accident in our office, if he was wearing a hi-viz!
-
Sawfeet
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
Nice to know that. Thanks aiden01aiden01 wrote: But remember RM pay £30 towards any trainers you have to buy yourself as long as you have a doctors note or a podiatrists note.
sickofthejob You could use waterproof socks I use sealskinz they expensive but work very well.
But found sealskinz can be a bit thick & rub in trainer so got these WUDHU SOCK from dexshell.co.uk they a thinner sock do job well.
Youtube video on sealskinz
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Trainers/shoes
I love my Sealskinz Sawfeet. Which dexshell socks do you recommend???Sawfeet wrote:Nice to know that. Thanks aiden01aiden01 wrote: But remember RM pay £30 towards any trainers you have to buy yourself as long as you have a doctors note or a podiatrists note.
sickofthejob You could use waterproof socks I use sealskinz they expensive but work very well.
But found sealskinz can be a bit thick & rub in trainer so got these WUDHU SOCK from dexshell.co.uk they a thinner sock do job well.
Youtube video on sealskinz
-
Sawfeet
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
WUDHU SOCK found them not to thick. Don't know what they got to do with praying, not my religion
https://www.dexshell.co.uk/wudhu-sock" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.dexshell.co.uk/wudhu-sock" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
My wife bought some at a Country Fair. The couple that sell them are really nice..... plus she said they work so I'd be inclined to give them a go.JKSmudge wrote:For plantar faciatis, try these ;-
http://www.shoeinsoles.co.uk/sof-sole-p ... 0wod5SUL5w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
worked wonders for me.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
I think a lot of the problem is that youngsters grow up nowadays wearing trainers all the time. When they try something more "Industrial" they do feel heavier. Had a lot of problems in the Army when the young lads had to get used to high leg combat boots.angelcakes8791 wrote:I just got some magnums and they're so heavy on my feet I prefer using my trainers! But they're a bit slippery in the wet
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Trainers/shoes
I still have a pair of mine for when the weather is really bad, fit like a glove still - after 20 odd years after leaving.Dorset Plodder wrote:I think a lot of the problem is that youngsters grow up nowadays wearing trainers all the time. When they try something more "Industrial" they do feel heavier. Had a lot of problems in the Army when the young lads had to get used to high leg combat boots.angelcakes8791 wrote:I just got some magnums and they're so heavy on my feet I prefer using my trainers! But they're a bit slippery in the wetA few of our Posties wear their own trainers but they're in the shite if they have a trip or slip!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Darwinsdad
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
high leg combat boots.
I still have a pair of mine for when the weather is really bad, fit like a glove still - after 20 odd years after leaving.[/quote]
Same here. Also worth getting a contact in the nearest TA centre. I've recently took some boots in and got brown Altbergs in exchange, along with some issued brown polish. Could have done with them during my time, straight out of the box comfiest boot I've ever had
I still have a pair of mine for when the weather is really bad, fit like a glove still - after 20 odd years after leaving.[/quote]
Same here. Also worth getting a contact in the nearest TA centre. I've recently took some boots in and got brown Altbergs in exchange, along with some issued brown polish. Could have done with them during my time, straight out of the box comfiest boot I've ever had
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Trainers/shoes
showing my age now but I started with DMS boots.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Trainers/shoes
Thanks for that. I'll deffo get some. My original post should have said I love my Sealskinz socks, not my Sealskinz sawfeet!Sawfeet wrote:WUDHU SOCK found them not to thick. Don't know what they got to do with praying, not my religion
https://www.dexshell.co.uk/wudhu-sock" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
Dems My ShoesTrueBlueTerrier wrote:showing my age now but I started with DMS boots.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Darwinsdad
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
Had a pair as 'best boots'. Strange, as I didn't have favourites in my lockerTrueBlueTerrier wrote:showing my age now but I started with DMS boots.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Trainers/shoes
I agree RW. I used to buy footwear for several years (normally walking boots) but like you I now use the Company Issue. They're not that bad, I think sometimes nowadays we're just a bunch of wimps.robbertwhitton wrote:I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)