ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Trainers/shoes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
angelcakes8791
Posts: 23
Joined: 02 Dec 2016, 23:15
Gender: Female

Trainers/shoes

Post by angelcakes8791 »

I just got some magnums and they're so heavy on my feet I prefer using my trainers! But they're a bit slippery in the wet :shock:
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Trainers/shoes

Post by LouBarlow »

I always thought you needed a doctors note to wear your own trainers? Heaven help you if you have an RTA or fall over on delivery and damage yourself. They even asked the last guy who had an accident in our office, if he was wearing a hi-viz!
Sawfeet
Posts: 22
Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by Sawfeet »

aiden01 wrote: But remember RM pay £30 towards any trainers you have to buy yourself as long as you have a doctors note or a podiatrists note.
Nice to know that. Thanks aiden01

sickofthejob You could use waterproof socks I use sealskinz they expensive but work very well.
But found sealskinz can be a bit thick & rub in trainer so got these WUDHU SOCK from dexshell.co.uk they a thinner sock do job well.

Youtube video on sealskinz
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Trainers/shoes

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Sawfeet wrote:
aiden01 wrote: But remember RM pay £30 towards any trainers you have to buy yourself as long as you have a doctors note or a podiatrists note.
Nice to know that. Thanks aiden01

sickofthejob You could use waterproof socks I use sealskinz they expensive but work very well.
But found sealskinz can be a bit thick & rub in trainer so got these WUDHU SOCK from dexshell.co.uk they a thinner sock do job well.

Youtube video on sealskinz
I love my Sealskinz Sawfeet. Which dexshell socks do you recommend???
Sawfeet
Posts: 22
Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by Sawfeet »

WUDHU SOCK found them not to thick. Don't know what they got to do with praying, not my religion
https://www.dexshell.co.uk/wudhu-sock" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by Dorset Plodder »

JKSmudge wrote:For plantar faciatis, try these ;-

http://www.shoeinsoles.co.uk/sof-sole-p ... 0wod5SUL5w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

worked wonders for me.
My wife bought some at a Country Fair. The couple that sell them are really nice..... plus she said they work so I'd be inclined to give them a go. :thumbup
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by Dorset Plodder »

angelcakes8791 wrote:I just got some magnums and they're so heavy on my feet I prefer using my trainers! But they're a bit slippery in the wet :shock:
I think a lot of the problem is that youngsters grow up nowadays wearing trainers all the time. When they try something more "Industrial" they do feel heavier. Had a lot of problems in the Army when the young lads had to get used to high leg combat boots. :sad: A few of our Posties wear their own trainers but they're in the shite if they have a trip or slip! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Trainers/shoes

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
angelcakes8791 wrote:I just got some magnums and they're so heavy on my feet I prefer using my trainers! But they're a bit slippery in the wet :shock:
I think a lot of the problem is that youngsters grow up nowadays wearing trainers all the time. When they try something more "Industrial" they do feel heavier. Had a lot of problems in the Army when the young lads had to get used to high leg combat boots. :sad: A few of our Posties wear their own trainers but they're in the shite if they have a trip or slip! :cuppa
I still have a pair of mine for when the weather is really bad, fit like a glove still - after 20 odd years after leaving.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Darwinsdad
Posts: 78
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by Darwinsdad »

high leg combat boots.

I still have a pair of mine for when the weather is really bad, fit like a glove still - after 20 odd years after leaving.[/quote]

Same here. Also worth getting a contact in the nearest TA centre. I've recently took some boots in and got brown Altbergs in exchange, along with some issued brown polish. Could have done with them during my time, straight out of the box comfiest boot I've ever had
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Trainers/shoes

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

showing my age now but I started with DMS boots.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Trainers/shoes

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Sawfeet wrote:WUDHU SOCK found them not to thick. Don't know what they got to do with praying, not my religion
https://www.dexshell.co.uk/wudhu-sock" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for that. I'll deffo get some. My original post should have said I love my Sealskinz socks, not my Sealskinz sawfeet!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by Dorset Plodder »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:showing my age now but I started with DMS boots.
Dems My Shoes :left:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Darwinsdad
Posts: 78
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by Darwinsdad »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:showing my age now but I started with DMS boots.
Had a pair as 'best boots'. Strange, as I didn't have favourites in my locker
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by robbertwhitton »

I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Trainers/shoes

Post by Dorset Plodder »

robbertwhitton wrote:I wouldn't pay a penny to purchase shoes to wear for this firm when they supply them for free,not brilliant but ok,they wear out you order new ones,they take enough money from us with lapsing and unpaid overtime etc,I don't see the problem,guys in our office have top of the range Nike addidas etc not a doctors note to be seen,but hey that's up to them and a management thing to manage??? Which of course won't happen,
I agree RW. I used to buy footwear for several years (normally walking boots) but like you I now use the Company Issue. They're not that bad, I think sometimes nowadays we're just a bunch of wimps. :hmmmm Remember that advert for cross trainers circa 2000 where it showed a picture of a famous runners kit circa 1950 ... they were leather hobbed nail boots FFS! :shock:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)