ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by clashcityrocker »

4) a charismatic socialist leader for Scotland comes to the fore

Fishtank I think he is talking about you......
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by fishtank »

I think there were many who predicted the death of the SNP after a no vote in the first indyref, the result was the catastrophic disintegration of Scottish Labour both at Hollyrood and Westminster. The truth is the SNP have made a better fist of Scottish government than any of their piss poor predecessors and that is recognised north of the border, The connection between the SNP and self determination is one that's far more important to opponents than it is to Scottish supporters of the SNP who actually see the bigger picture.

Independence will come to Scotland, whether it's in dribs and drabs through a gradual release of power to the Scottish government or quickly through a referendum is the only question and to be honest it's a question that doesn't trouble me much.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:4) a charismatic socialist leader for Scotland comes to the fore

Fishtank I think he is talking about you......
I can't.
According to stereotype I'm a dour and miserly "sweaty sock".
It needs to be a London "wide boy".
Do you know anybody?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:Independence will come to Scotland, whether it's in dribs and drabs through a gradual release of power to the Scottish government or quickly through a referendum is the only question and to be honest it's a question that doesn't trouble me much.
You have to ask yourself what you would do for money whether the independence came in dribs and drabs or a referendum. I feel Mrs Krankie is afraid that coming out of the EU, the single market et al would mean EU funds would dry up and the money saved by the UK government wouldn't be going her way.
jetblack
Posts: 974
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by jetblack »

Bugger - I've just remembered - a charismatic socialist leader for Scotland isn't constitutionally permitted :arrrghhh
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
Gazza47
Posts: 32
Joined: 07 Mar 2017, 09:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by Gazza47 »

jetblack wrote:Bugger - I've just remembered - a charismatic socialist leader for Scotland isn't constitutionally permitted :arrrghhh

Haha, on a side note stranglers fan?
jetblack
Posts: 974
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by jetblack »

Gazza47 wrote:
jetblack wrote:Bugger - I've just remembered - a charismatic socialist leader for Scotland isn't constitutionally permitted :arrrghhh

Haha, on a side note stranglers fan?
How did you guess ?
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
Gazza47
Posts: 32
Joined: 07 Mar 2017, 09:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by Gazza47 »

jetblack wrote:
Gazza47 wrote:
jetblack wrote:Bugger - I've just remembered - a charismatic socialist leader for Scotland isn't constitutionally permitted :arrrghhh

Haha, on a side note stranglers fan?
How did you guess ?
Lol, will be in London Manchester and Bath on this years tour.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

Hang on a minute, a charismatic leader for the labour party in Scotland, :hmmmm yep I think I have the answer Jeremy Corbyn how much more charismatic can you get. :cuppa
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by fishtank »

jetblack wrote:Bugger - I've just remembered - a charismatic socialist leader for Scotland isn't constitutionally permitted :arrrghhh
You do realise Tommy is pro-Indy and actively campaigned for the SNP ( whether they wanted him to or not ) at the 2015 general election. I'm not sure he's really your talisman. I've met Tommy many times, he's as mad as a box of frogs but always excellent entertainment.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Tman
Posts: 4144
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by Tman »

The link to Sheridan is from Wikipedia, and so unreliable at best, and fantasy at worst.
Then again, he would fit in with Oily and Jimmy and their cynically self-centred and singular views on politics.
simply_the_best
Posts: 594
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by simply_the_best »

fishtank wrote:I think there were many who predicted the death of the SNP after a no vote in the first indyref, the result was the catastrophic disintegration of Scottish Labour both at Hollyrood and Westminster. The truth is the SNP have made a better fist of Scottish government than any of their piss poor predecessors and that is recognised north of the border, The connection between the SNP and self determination is one that's far more important to opponents than it is to Scottish supporters of the SNP who actually see the bigger picture.

Independence will come to Scotland, whether it's in dribs and drabs through a gradual release of power to the Scottish government or quickly through a referendum is the only question and to be honest it's a question that doesn't trouble me much.

The SNP have been a disaster for this country, Health, Education, Police and Transport all failing badly under them in the last ten years.

Independence at all costs, sadly a lot of folk are too stupid to see that, Stronger for Scotland :left:
jetblack
Posts: 974
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by jetblack »

For my sins I have, on occasion, voted for the SNP in the past.

But I definitely won't be again.

Frankly, they are becoming embarassing.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by dvbuk55 »

jetblack wrote:For my sins I have, on occasion, voted for the SNP in the past.

But I definitely won't be again.

Frankly, they are becoming embarassing.
Vote No :cool
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn

Post by fishtank »

jetblack wrote:Frankly, they are becoming embarassing.
That reminds me.
What was JC up to today?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share