ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Why won't they replace full timers who leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Manboat
Posts: 172
Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 22:16
Gender: Male

Why won't they replace full timers who leave

Post by Manboat »

Yeh that would be a good start, really can't understand people who work extra for no money .
Gazza47
Posts: 32
Joined: 07 Mar 2017, 09:17
Gender: Male

Why won't they replace full timers who leave

Post by Gazza47 »

gb93 wrote:Before we cut back on the overtime, which we get paid for why don't we stop coming in early &;working for nothing.
That might get a few more hours in offices & people made up

Used to come in early to prep frame etc so could get out sooner and back sooner, then realised all of a sudden after I had prepd frame in my own time I would be moved off it, no longer do it, just not worth it.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Why won't they replace full timers who leave

Post by Dorset Plodder »

The Main Reason RM replace Fters with Pters is simply to save money. In many cases they simply don't even bother to replace that FTer. They'd rather pay the existing staff a derisory overtime rate (not time and a third or time and a half) to pick up the slack. :no no

I believe Employers have to pay 13.8% of an employees salary in National Insurance. So there's an immediate saving, plus they have to pay Holiday Pay, what's that 6 weeks? I can't remember because God knows how long it's been since it's been properly organised and actually taken in the same year! :shock:

If that "New" Postie is off sick (which is a pretty forgone conclusion with the ever increasing physical nature of the job)they may have to pay Sick Pay. So that's that couple of months for a serious injury, plus perhaps alternative duties?

You can see 739 that there's many good reasons not to replace FTers (from RMs point of view) before we even start on any Management conspiracy theories. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
matthew68
Posts: 518
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Why won't they replace full timers who leave

Post by matthew68 »

Manboat wrote:Yeh that would be a good start, really can't understand people who work extra for no money .
The only way to stop people coming in n early morning s to make them work to there finish time and take breaks that's what I do and use lwt everywhere I go , try neighbour's don't run do d2ds in your contracted hours and claim if going to,be late,I don't hurry and very rarely make a mistake so they can't moan and until everyone starts doing job as it should be things won't change
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Why won't they replace full timers who leave

Post by South_London_Postie »

Well done Matthew, if only the rest of the workforce followed suit we would resolve so many of the underlying issues it causes.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Why won't they replace full timers who leave

Post by Dorset Plodder »

matthew68 wrote: The only way to stop people coming in n early morning s to make them work to there finish time and take breaks that's what I do and use lwt everywhere I go , try neighbour's don't run do d2ds in your contracted hours and claim if going to,be late,I don't hurry and very rarely make a mistake so they can't moan and until everyone starts doing job as it should be things won't change
I agree and also try and work "Properly" :thumbup As for the majority of the Dickheads I work with....... I came back in Saturday smack on my finishing time, place was like a Ghost town....everyone's Households thrown off though (apart from a few) ready to get that "Head Start" on Monday. They're all just like Turkeys looking forward to Christmas. :arrrghhh
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)