ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bustedflush wrote:To be fair it's not really RM's fault, the nature of the job being outside and remote.
To be fair it's a legal requirement to provide toilet and welfare facilities. Be that by actually providing them on site, or having contingencies in place.

Managers risk facing an H&S investigation if someone complains that there are no official toilet facilities on their duty, or no provisions in place to allow them to relieve and or clean themselves.

Managers are abrogating their LEGAL responsibility if they fail to take appropriate and reasonable steps. Failing to carry out a legal requirement is usually quite expensive not only for the business but for the individual if they are found to bear some of the responsibility.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by Pompey Boy »

At the our new MPU there must be over 200 people. Howver, to save costs RM have provided the legal minimum of toilets meaning that we have to queue before we go out on our walks :crazy:
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
the night caller
Posts: 27
Joined: 01 Jul 2010, 12:23
Gender: Female

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by the night caller »

OMG I can't believe I'm reading this because only a few months ago I wrote to "Ask Moya" highlighting this issue & how it fell under the remit of basic human rights. I raised the fact that due to no fault of their own & lack of public facilties, colleagues where urinating in alleys, bushes & even in the back of vans. The reply "We know"!!!! & "it should be highlighted in the log books". So that's your answer to your question from up above. :Applause As always really helpful NOT.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by scoobydo79 »

hellpop wrote:Don't use an alleyway or corner. One of our lads was sacked for that because someone saw him and reported him. Union unable to help him keep his job. As previously stated, go back to office is safest bet these days.
This exactly. One of our blokes got seen by member of public. Ended up with a police cautioning.

`
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by scoobydo79 »

aposter wrote:knock on a door and ask
No!!!!!
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I was put on a new HCT round before Christmas. I was dying for a wee and had been for some time. Rang the office and was told by a Lino to knock on someone's door. I'm a female and in this day and age that is downright ridiculous. They just don't give a s**t about their staff!!!!
I had to ring my mum last week to get her to pick me up to take me home as I needed a wee. What a joke!!!!!!!
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by peshwaarinaan »

bustedflush wrote: For women I believe there is a female funnel sort of version of the above that can be purchased.
Only a bloke could type a comment like that. :d'oh!
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by Stammerking »

They are called shewees seriously!
https://www.shewee.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by bustedflush »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
bustedflush wrote: For women I believe there is a female funnel sort of version of the above that can be purchased.
Only a bloke could type a comment like that. :d'oh!
I was trying to be inclusive and explain there is a 'van relief' solution for both sexes, admittedly the male one is more discreet but I can't help that fact... :cool
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by South_London_Postie »

Busted flush lol what a fitting name.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by Chewster »

bustedflush wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:
bustedflush wrote: For women I believe there is a female funnel sort of version of the above that can be purchased.
Only a bloke could type a comment like that. :d'oh!
I was trying to be inclusive and explain there is a 'van relief' solution for both sexes, admittedly the male one is more discreet but I can't help that fact... :cool
http://www.shewee.com/

My mother asked me to get her one for her birthday last year lol.

I've often thought about getting one of those piss bag things that you strap to your leg...
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by Postie45 »

bustedflush wrote: Yes, I forgot about the HCT rounds... :oops:

If you are with a runner and 20 mins drive from DO you try and persuade them to drive you back for a mere slash, adding 30-40 minutes to their day! And what about the argument with the DIM if you go over for a simple leak?
1 yes and its not about trying to persuade, you tell them you have to go back. Runner has to work to his time ? boohoo
2 as others pointed out theres nothing a DIM could do about this. What he should do is come to arrangement with a place of business you could use thats closer. Thats up to him to find.
hans solo
Posts: 3291
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by hans solo »

would any of our offices let customer use our toilets :cuppa
so why should they let us use theirs
no washing facilities especially in shared van :no no
return to office all the time
hans solo
Posts: 3291
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by hans solo »

and btw i need a pee
what about i need a s**t
Sawfeet
Posts: 22
Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
Gender: Male

I need a Pee ! List Is there a some kind of list were to Pee

Post by Sawfeet »

what about i need a s**t
Lucky I'v not been there! but have been avoiding Curry for one.

Been tolds some betting shops will let Postman/Woman use their.