ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas tips
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Christmas tips
I`ve got no tips, but I`ve found some coins on my walks, about £2,50 so far

-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
If it says 'to postie' then it belongs to the postie that day. If it says 'to Bert' then either leave it there until he delivers there or take it and give it to Bert. This isn't rocket science eh.
I found a box of chocolates, no tag, in a box where the mail goes. Just left it there, might have been a present for the homeowners from a neighbour for all I cared.
I found a box of chocolates, no tag, in a box where the mail goes. Just left it there, might have been a present for the homeowners from a neighbour for all I cared.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
Rurals in our office are some of the longest duties, so I wouldn't exactly call them cushy! Very little in the way of tips so far either.wacko74 wrote:In my experience it's only the rurals that get serious tips. no surprise really as these are the only duties that are cushy enough for the postie to have the time to do the old fashioned things like stop and chat with customers.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
We had a lad one year went around his duty and lifted all the beer they'd left out for the Dustbin men. "Well they never gave me a tip...Sod Em"! was his reply when we queried it. He was well pissed that Christmas!wannabeek wrote: I found a box of chocolates, no tag, in a box where the mail goes. Just left it there, might have been a present for the homeowners from a neighbour for all I cared.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
I concur with that, rurals used to be a doddle, not anymore. Dutyholders transfering the other way back into the town at our DO.rambo1 wrote:Rurals in our office are some of the longest duties, so I wouldn't exactly call them cushy! Very little in the way of tips so far either.wacko74 wrote:In my experience it's only the rurals that get serious tips. no surprise really as these are the only duties that are cushy enough for the postie to have the time to do the old fashioned things like stop and chat with customers.
'Libraries gave us power'
-
Yanto
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 03 Dec 2016, 08:33
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
I cover 3 big rurals..annual leave, sick leave and if the duty holders get taken off to cover other duties (which they generally don't object to as these are BIG rurals!)
The 3 duty holders do very well for tips (at least £600 each)
I always hand over any tips to the duty holders regardless of what's written on the envelope... sum total they've shared with me this year?... ZERO
Next year I'll be adopting a policy of finders keepers
The 3 duty holders do very well for tips (at least £600 each)
I always hand over any tips to the duty holders regardless of what's written on the envelope... sum total they've shared with me this year?... ZERO
Next year I'll be adopting a policy of finders keepers
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
You're up early Yanto! Don't blame you with your policy for next year. That seems a bit tight not getting anything!Yanto wrote:I cover 3 big rurals..annual leave, sick leave and if the duty holders get taken off to cover other duties (which they generally don't object to as these are BIG rurals!)
The 3 duty holders do very well for tips (at least £600 each)
I always hand over any tips to the duty holders regardless of what's written on the envelope... sum total they've shared with me this year?... ZERO
Next year I'll be adopting a policy of finders keepers
I was going to give him a cut of my tips but in the end decided it was probably fair to just let him collect, and keep, all the tips for the 20% of the duty he'd delivered for the last 2 weeks.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
Back when I was new I used to do the right thing and return all tips to the frame, assuming they'd be allocated fairly. That is what happened in every other job in many industries before I worked here.
I was staggered that I got nothing at all. This is RM I thought, surely a last bastion of British honesty and morality.
No. It isn't. Maybe it never was, I never knew it in the 'good old days'.
I was staggered that I got nothing at all. This is RM I thought, surely a last bastion of British honesty and morality.
No. It isn't. Maybe it never was, I never knew it in the 'good old days'.
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Christmas tips
For the past 3 years myself and my partner have added the tips and divided by 2 so to have an equal share each (and given the Cover man 1/6).....this year my partner has got a lot more than me.....so does not want to do the share.
Means that I am about £80 down on the deal,can't be bothered to have a row about it but if next year I get the most...trust me I will remember!
Means that I am about £80 down on the deal,can't be bothered to have a row about it but if next year I get the most...trust me I will remember!