ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
our lino has so much complaints against him and the way he treats staff , surely you should have some people skills for this line of work ?
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
Ok so most offices have all had revisions to make the rounds supposedly achievable in the alloted time. However, since then we are now expected to:
- Lapse almost all year round (not just in summer)
- Deliver to neighbours
- Scan 2D barcodes
All takes extra time especially when you factor in the amount of parcels we deliver has also risen
- Lapse almost all year round (not just in summer)
- Deliver to neighbours
- Scan 2D barcodes
All takes extra time especially when you factor in the amount of parcels we deliver has also risen
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
Same with my office but we are heavily unionized and they really got our backs, we even have a right of way where we are not allowed to go out before a certain time and management have to get permission from the union guys to bring it forward on a quieter day! I have never had an issue with over time not being paid, my van share is the biggest in the office and lucky for them I don't mind going a little over some days to clear the mail if need be. Not all roses though as the office has some serious issues but I am lucky in the sense I just do my own thing and get left alone!andyjackpot wrote:I must be in a good office
every single minute of overtime we worked - we get paid for end off
No arguments no hassle
only problem occurs when you forget to forecast it.
But I have never ever experinced or heard about in our office of working for "free"
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
I thought all they had to do was meet financial targets using any means possible? I imagine this is how they are instructed when sent on training.Chelseablue wrote:our lino has so much complaints against him and the way he treats staff , surely you should have some people skills for this line of work ?
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
I thought all they had to do was meet financial targets using any means possible? I imagine this is how they are instructed when sent on training.Chelseablue wrote:our lino has so much complaints against him and the way he treats staff , surely you should have some people skills for this line of work ?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
Get the actors you see in the courier to do the work.,all seems fine and dandy in their world??
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
You have already explained your own failings and the real reason RM management continue to abuse delivery staff. You, in your own description all all right Jack ! You follow the line, get no hassle and left alone. Shame on you for posting such a statement. You are a perfect example of the old divide and rule, keep some happy at the expense of others. You are lucky ? Maybe so far, tables may turn in future and you may wish for some support, the same support sadly lacking on your colleagues that " don't get left alone " !delfranklin1969 wrote:Same with my office but we are heavily unionized and they really got our backs, we even have a right of way where we are not allowed to go out before a certain time and management have to get permission from the union guys to bring it forward on a quieter day! I have never had an issue with over time not being paid, my van share is the biggest in the office and lucky for them I don't mind going a little over some days to clear the mail if need be. Not all roses though as the office has some serious issues but I am lucky in the sense I just do my own thing and get left alone!andyjackpot wrote:I must be in a good office
every single minute of overtime we worked - we get paid for end off
No arguments no hassle
only problem occurs when you forget to forecast it.
But I have never ever experinced or heard about in our office of working for "free"
-
steveoooo1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 11 Aug 2015, 19:40
- Gender: Male
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
wow not very shocked reading some of these comments..
We have a new manager at our place who has never done a days delivery... looking at us all like we are a piece of s**t as we are requesting an hours overtime. I am on a 31 hour contract with a xmas 13.18 finish time(normally 13.48) and don't usually claim as finished before my time most days. obviously the xmas period is more of everything so I requested a provisional 2 hour OT request to be looked at like I had thrown his favorite teddy in the stream. FT's were also claiming one hour.
I bet he won't pay it.
Before anyone says cut off. I was told by previous manager that the dsm had said if anyone cut off they would lose the xmas bonus and be moved off their walk.
Also we have no unit rep which doesn't help.
Merry xmas one and all
We have a new manager at our place who has never done a days delivery... looking at us all like we are a piece of s**t as we are requesting an hours overtime. I am on a 31 hour contract with a xmas 13.18 finish time(normally 13.48) and don't usually claim as finished before my time most days. obviously the xmas period is more of everything so I requested a provisional 2 hour OT request to be looked at like I had thrown his favorite teddy in the stream. FT's were also claiming one hour.
I bet he won't pay it.
Before anyone says cut off. I was told by previous manager that the dsm had said if anyone cut off they would lose the xmas bonus and be moved off their walk.
Also we have no unit rep which doesn't help.
Merry xmas one and all
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
how can they make you lose your Xmas bonus and be moved off your walk for finishing at your official time more management bollocks talksteveoooo1 wrote:wow not very shocked reading some of these comments..
We have a new manager at our place who has never done a days delivery... looking at us all like we are a piece of s**t as we are requesting an hours overtime. I am on a 31 hour contract with a xmas 13.18 finish time(normally 13.48) and don't usually claim as finished before my time most days. obviously the xmas period is more of everything so I requested a provisional 2 hour OT request to be looked at like I had thrown his favorite teddy in the stream. FT's were also claiming one hour.
I bet he won't pay it.
Before anyone says cut off. I was told by previous manager that the dsm had said if anyone cut off they would lose the xmas bonus and be moved off their walk.
Also we have no unit rep which doesn't help.
Merry xmas one and all
-
steveoooo1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 11 Aug 2015, 19:40
- Gender: Male
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
Hmmm I think the same but I wouldn't put it passed the DSM to try this. She made the manager of a local office dock the pay of a postie because his wife had an accident and he had to go home.aiden01 wrote:how can they make you lose your Xmas bonus and be moved off your walk for finishing at your official time more management bollocks talksteveoooo1 wrote:wow not very shocked reading some of these comments..
We have a new manager at our place who has never done a days delivery... looking at us all like we are a piece of s**t as we are requesting an hours overtime. I am on a 31 hour contract with a xmas 13.18 finish time(normally 13.48) and don't usually claim as finished before my time most days. obviously the xmas period is more of everything so I requested a provisional 2 hour OT request to be looked at like I had thrown his favorite teddy in the stream. FT's were also claiming one hour.
I bet he won't pay it.
Before anyone says cut off. I was told by previous manager that the dsm had said if anyone cut off they would lose the xmas bonus and be moved off their walk.
Also we have no unit rep which doesn't help.
Merry xmas one and all
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
I'd be calling their bluff on that one. And if they did follow through I'd put in grievances against my lino, DOM and the DSM.steveoooo1 wrote: Before anyone says cut off. I was told by previous manager that the dsm had said if anyone cut off they would lose the xmas bonus and be moved off their walk.
Also we have no unit rep which doesn't help.
Merry xmas one and all
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
disgraceful behaviour maybe whole office should Finnish at official time for a few days. see if she carries out her threat and if she does simply ask cwu HQ for a rule13 ballot I,m sure it would,nt go down well in local press either.steveoooo1 wrote:Hmmm I think the same but I wouldn't put it passed the DSM to try this. She made the manager of a local office dock the pay of a postie because his wife had an accident and he had to go home.aiden01 wrote:how can they make you lose your Xmas bonus and be moved off your walk for finishing at your official time more management bollocks talksteveoooo1 wrote:wow not very shocked reading some of these comments..
We have a new manager at our place who has never done a days delivery... looking at us all like we are a piece of s**t as we are requesting an hours overtime. I am on a 31 hour contract with a xmas 13.18 finish time(normally 13.48) and don't usually claim as finished before my time most days. obviously the xmas period is more of everything so I requested a provisional 2 hour OT request to be looked at like I had thrown his favorite teddy in the stream. FT's were also claiming one hour.
I bet he won't pay it.
Before anyone says cut off. I was told by previous manager that the dsm had said if anyone cut off they would lose the xmas bonus and be moved off their walk.
Also we have no unit rep which doesn't help.
Merry xmas one and all
-
steveoooo1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 11 Aug 2015, 19:40
- Gender: Male
is it time to take a stand over the overtime/working for free issue?
I defo feel this is what will happen in our office shortly..aiden01 wrote:disgraceful behaviour maybe whole office should Finnish at official time for a few days. see if she carries out her threat and if she does simply ask cwu HQ for a rule13 ballot I,m sure it would,nt go down well in local press either.steveoooo1 wrote:Hmmm I think the same but I wouldn't put it passed the DSM to try this. She made the manager of a local office dock the pay of a postie because his wife had an accident and he had to go home.aiden01 wrote:how can they make you lose your Xmas bonus and be moved off your walk for finishing at your official time more management bollocks talksteveoooo1 wrote:wow not very shocked reading some of these comments..
We have a new manager at our place who has never done a days delivery... looking at us all like we are a piece of s**t as we are requesting an hours overtime. I am on a 31 hour contract with a xmas 13.18 finish time(normally 13.48) and don't usually claim as finished before my time most days. obviously the xmas period is more of everything so I requested a provisional 2 hour OT request to be looked at like I had thrown his favorite teddy in the stream. FT's were also claiming one hour.
I bet he won't pay it.
Before anyone says cut off. I was told by previous manager that the dsm had said if anyone cut off they would lose the xmas bonus and be moved off their walk.
Also we have no unit rep which doesn't help.
Merry xmas one and all