I suffer back pain when I am on leave or after delivery, as though my back was unwinding - just to add we are still not P&L.Barbel wrote:I was wondering if anyone gets back pains from carrying pouches? It's worse in the morning for me when I wake up and have to have a good stretch then it's not as bad throughout the day.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
painful wrist
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: painful wrist
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: painful wrist
Even on p n l it prob won't be any better
If you're involved in the revision try and get the planners outside
Couple of our ones are killers.
The p n l that is.

If you're involved in the revision try and get the planners outside
Couple of our ones are killers.
The p n l that is.
I won
-
Kirsty952002
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 11:47
- Gender: Female
painful wrist
I've been in the job coming 3 months now, and I thiNk I am starting to get the symptoms of carpal tunnel in the base of my right thumb. This is probably from sorting and carrying packets and the PDA. A dull ache when I move my thumb, will keep an eye on I before I go to my GP, as I have only just started in he job.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
painful wrist
It could be tendonitis of the wrist.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
painful wrist
It could also be arthritis in the base of the thumbs. I suffer with both of mine, most of the time ok but flares up every now and again. Although retired for two years I am convinced that it was brought on by sorting and handling bundles over many years.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
painful wrist
I get the symptoms of carpal tunnel and a sore back if I put a heavy satchel across my shoulder consistently throughout the day and week. I started to use the LWT or HCT more and the symptoms went away. I'll only do a 6kg or 7kg bag now and alternate between bag and trolley. Slows me down but I never get sore anything except my head when I think about RM management. Massive bundles that strain rubberbands don't make any difference for me. With the HCT, sometimes I'll stick the bundle in the tray and only pick out letters of whatever delivery point I'm at. The point is to vary how your body is used. Sometimes I'll even run in quick bursts or take two stairs at a time for the same reasons.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Re: painful wrist
I suffered lower back pain and severe sciatica that put me off for a while. Turned out the problem was caused from getting in and out of the low slung Vauxhall Combi van. Had the van swapped to a Peugeot Partner and the symptoms went within weeks!Barbel wrote:I was wondering if anyone gets back pains from carrying pouches? It's worse in the morning for me when I wake up and have to have a good stretch then it's not as bad throughout the day.