You were almost a veteran! One chap left after a day at our office.kram123 wrote:I left recently after lasting 6 weeks. The notice on me leaving in my contract stated that I had to give 4 weeks notice, I didn't, I just walked. I enjoyed the job, but the management in my office were SCUM! I made a decision to cut my losses and move on. good luck to you.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leaving after 7 weeks
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Leaving after 7 weeks
Wish I'd left after 7 weeks. If you're going to leave you're better off doing it sooner rather than later that way you cut down your suffering. Too late for me now, too old to change so I guess I'll just plod on til I drop down dead with exhaustion one day whilst out on my daily walk to the moon! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Leaving after 7 weeks
Normally nothing much, especially for new starts.aiden01 wrote:What is the consequences if you just leave. as regarding op,s postTrueBlueTerrier wrote:But double check your contract as some new ones require 28 days.
However, Job Centre will sanction you. Also, any employer has a right to sue employees if they quit without notice, though it is very rare.
Royal Mail has the right to mention in any subsequent reference that you left without giving notice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
Is there some agreement, in the first 6 months ,that you can leave by mutual agreement if it isn't working for both parties?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Normally nothing much, especially for new starts.aiden01 wrote:What is the consequences if you just leave. as regarding op,s postTrueBlueTerrier wrote:But double check your contract as some new ones require 28 days.
However, Job Centre will sanction you. Also, any employer has a right to sue employees if they quit without notice, though it is very rare.
Royal Mail has the right to mention in any subsequent reference that you left without giving notice.
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
Bit of a hot head aren't you throwing your toys out of the Pramcoombster wrote:Been spoke to like a complete t**t by the higher ups. I'm not interested in taking it further. Just want to say stick it
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
Just walk and tell them you wont be bullied or harrassed by anyone.
They wont take any action on you for leaving,You just threaten to tell all to the papers about the bullying that is going on if they do.
They wont take any action on you for leaving,You just threaten to tell all to the papers about the bullying that is going on if they do.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
how would you know based on that one post ? you dont know anything other than the fact he feels hes been treated so badly he feels he has to leave.PHARRY wrote:Bit of a hot head aren't you throwing your toys out of the Pramcoombster wrote:Been spoke to like a complete t**t by the higher ups. I'm not interested in taking it further. Just want to say stick it
-
SpongeBobPants
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 14:50
- Gender: Female
Leaving after 7 weeks
Feeling similar at the moment. Shouted at and called stupid down the phone by a manager. Not been in RM six months yet and looking for another job. I'd make sure you have another job to go to first.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Leaving after 7 weeks
bit trollish throwing out unworthy comments.PHARRY wrote:Bit of a hot head aren't you throwing your toys out of the Pramcoombster wrote:Been spoke to like a complete t**t by the higher ups. I'm not interested in taking it further. Just want to say stick it
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
I never thought I would say this but it makes Me feel quite sad to see people say they want to sling the job in after such a short time. Ive had some real s**t jobs and Royal Mail isnt among them. I remember feeling ecstatic during My first week because it got Me off an assembly line where You had to raise Your hand if You needed a p---.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Leaving after 7 weeks
The way RM is going I'd start practicing that hand raising I think you're may need it again soon!scoobydo79 wrote:I never thought I would say this but it makes Me feel quite sad to see people say they want to sling the job in after such a short time. Ive had some real s**t jobs and Royal Mail isnt among them. I remember feeling ecstatic during My first week because it got Me off an assembly line where You had to raise Your hand if You needed a p---.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
We have several vacancies in our office. The DOM hand picked only one of the numerous interviewees for a start , she started on a Tuesday and lasted one day.rubberbond wrote:You were almost a veteran! One chap left after a day at our office.kram123 wrote:I left recently after lasting 6 weeks. The notice on me leaving in my contract stated that I had to give 4 weeks notice, I didn't, I just walked. I enjoyed the job, but the management in my office were SCUM! I made a decision to cut my losses and move on. good luck to you.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Leaving after 7 weeks
Just stick with job another month and see how it is going. Just talk to colleagues.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
Give it a few more weeks, once you are out the office you're getting paid to go for a walk. I'm sure Lino's act like that to "test" new starts, speak to colleagues, im sure they experienced the same.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
You have to tell your line manager when you are going to the toilet in mcs. Some of them even follow you to make sure you're really going there.Judgee wrote:The way RM is going I'd start practicing that hand raising I think you're may need it again soon!scoobydo79 wrote: got Me off an assembly line where You had to raise Your hand if You needed a p---.