ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
-
Tman
- Posts: 4144
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
I think that your talk of "indoctrination" and "workers" is "talk" enough for any thread. Are you on some sort of wind-up or are you like dear old jet and really believe all this tosh you both spout?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Is not worktime learning indoctrination and is the fact that some work harder than others in royalmail if you can refute both I will take my hat off to you but to me you are nothing but a charlatan at best and a troll at worst.Tman wrote:I think that your talk of "indoctrination" and "workers" is "talk" enough for any thread. Are you on some sort of wind-up or are you like dear old jet and really believe all this tosh you both spout?
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Jeez - is wee man still trolling me ?k979aaa wrote:Is not worktime learning indoctrination and is the fact that some work harder than others in royalmail if you can refute both I will take my hat off to you but to me you are nothing but a charlatan at best and a troll at worst.Tman wrote:I think that your talk of "indoctrination" and "workers" is "talk" enough for any thread. Are you on some sort of wind-up or are you like dear old jet and really believe all this tosh you both spout?
Stop following me
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Actually jet, I don't think it's trolling if he finds you intellectually attractive, he may find your posts the perfect foil for the reality he and the rest of us live injetblack wrote:Jeez - is wee man still trolling me ?k979aaa wrote:Is not worktime learning indoctrination and is the fact that some work harder than others in royalmail if you can refute both I will take my hat off to you but to me you are nothing but a charlatan at best and a troll at worst.Tman wrote:I think that your talk of "indoctrination" and "workers" is "talk" enough for any thread. Are you on some sort of wind-up or are you like dear old jet and really believe all this tosh you both spout?
Stop following me
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Tman - is this true ? Do you find me attractive ?dvbuk55 wrote:
Actually jet, I don't think it's trolling if he finds you intellectually attractive..
You should have said wee man
I feel such a pranny now
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
Tman
- Posts: 4144
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
You need to look up "indoctrination" and "perspective" in the dictionary, and as for some working harder than others, well, that's irrefutable, but what's it got to do with Corbyn? Anything?k979aaa wrote:Is not worktime learning indoctrination and is the fact that some work harder than others in royalmail if you can refute both I will take my hat off to you but to me you are nothing but a charlatan at best and a troll at worst.Tman wrote:I think that your talk of "indoctrination" and "workers" is "talk" enough for any thread. Are you on some sort of wind-up or are you like dear old jet and really believe all this tosh you both spout?
Regarding dear old jet, you need to tell him (he says he ignores me, y'know..
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
I think zealot may be a bit strong tman, I mean the definition in the dictionary states:Tman wrote:it's always entertaining to see and hear zealots' views of the world.
"a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals."
Well on reflection ......................
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Is this a self-declaration of your zeal against Corbyn.dvbuk55 wrote:I think zealot may be a bit strong tman, I mean the definition in the dictionary states:Tman wrote:it's always entertaining to see and hear zealots' views of the world.
"a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals."
Well on reflection ......................
I am, in some way, jealous of some in this thread.
I see people in a variety of tones and colours and that no one is perfect but most are only out to do what they think is best for everyone.
The zealots on both sides see Corbyn as either the Devil Incarnate who can do no right and the Messiah bringing on the socialist rapture who can do no wrong.
I wish life and people really were that Black and White and 2 dimensional. Life would be easier but a lot more boring.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4144
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Hmm, whimsical and not a little judgemental.
Corbyn is no devil, he really isn't that good, he's just another "I'm sure he means well in his own way, but as with Michael Foot, he is more principles than pragmatism".. the type which the labour party did so well to keep hidden in the back room for decades.
Really he's just another version of the metro elite of whatever flavour....out of touch, and in Corbyn's case, unelectable.
Corbyn is no devil, he really isn't that good, he's just another "I'm sure he means well in his own way, but as with Michael Foot, he is more principles than pragmatism".. the type which the labour party did so well to keep hidden in the back room for decades.
Really he's just another version of the metro elite of whatever flavour....out of touch, and in Corbyn's case, unelectable.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
There's little difference between the intellectual and moral snobbery shown by Corbyn's "team" and the financial entitlement snobbery shown by the likes of Cameron and Osborne. It's arrogant elitism any way you slice it...
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Its not really about Corbyn for me. Corbyn is just the catalyst. A very important catalyst, yes, but nonetheless a catalyst. I don't really believe in leaders anyway - and I don't really think Corbyn does either FWIW. But he's being carried along by forces greater than himself, almost accidentally. Only leaders I personally have identified as people that I could have followed were the great Muhammad Ali and my father. Aside from those two, no-one.
Its about socialism and democracy for me - neither of which over the last 35 years the Labour Party has embraced to any great extent.
Will anyone really vote for May on the strength of her charismatic leadership ? I don't think they will - I believe they will (or hopefully won't) vote for her on the strength of what she offers to them individually. Isn't that what we all do ? Only some of us have the wisdom to know that our individual self interest is bound up with the collective self interest .
It is In this sense that Jeremy Corbyn and socialsim offers a great deal to the individual and the electorate at large.
But its not about personalities.
It shouldn't be about personalities anyhow
If it makes me a zealot because I actually believe in something, then a zealout I am, and proud to be. But I don't think that in general usage the word zealot is equated with having values and beliefs is it ?
A free flow of information, a level playing field for children, a freedom from exploitation for the vulnerable, an equitable share in the product of their labour for workers, a share in this countries natural resources and wealth for all its citizens and not just a handful. A world where class, race and gender have no bearing upon an individuals ability to prosper.
Does this make me a zealot these days ?
Its about socialism and democracy for me - neither of which over the last 35 years the Labour Party has embraced to any great extent.
Will anyone really vote for May on the strength of her charismatic leadership ? I don't think they will - I believe they will (or hopefully won't) vote for her on the strength of what she offers to them individually. Isn't that what we all do ? Only some of us have the wisdom to know that our individual self interest is bound up with the collective self interest .
It is In this sense that Jeremy Corbyn and socialsim offers a great deal to the individual and the electorate at large.
But its not about personalities.
It shouldn't be about personalities anyhow
If it makes me a zealot because I actually believe in something, then a zealout I am, and proud to be. But I don't think that in general usage the word zealot is equated with having values and beliefs is it ?
A free flow of information, a level playing field for children, a freedom from exploitation for the vulnerable, an equitable share in the product of their labour for workers, a share in this countries natural resources and wealth for all its citizens and not just a handful. A world where class, race and gender have no bearing upon an individuals ability to prosper.
Does this make me a zealot these days ?
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Yes!jetblack wrote:Does this make me a zealot these days ?
-
Tman
- Posts: 4144
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Wonderful and admirable aspirations (though a little Miss World contestant in the naivety), and something no-one could ever really quibble with, but Corbyn to be the "catalyst" to achieving some/any of those aims? He can't even deliver a unified electable party, let alone hoping to achieve any of the above.jetblack wrote:Its not really about Corbyn for me. Corbyn is just the catalyst.
A free flow of information, a level playing field for children, a freedom from exploitation for the vulnerable, an equitable share in the product of their labour for workers, a share in this countries natural resources and wealth for all its citizens and not just a handful. A world where class, race and gender have no bearing upon an individuals ability to prosper.
?
And that is why dear old jet is a zealot..
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
That's where you're going wrong Jet, you've mistaken your opinion for wisdom and you know what they say about opinions...Only some of us have the wisdom to know.....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
That is the full quote Fishtank - you've chopped it to suit your own interests and completely ignored the point I was making.jetblack wrote: Only some of us have the wisdom to know that our individual self interest is bound up with the collective self interest .
Was it arrogant of me to suggest that I might have this wisdom ? Not a very wise move, so to speak ?
Shoot me
And I didn't really state that I had wisdom to be fair.
Its splitting hairs. And boring.
Or are you somehow suggesting that the individuals self interest isn't bound up with the collective self interest - that is, the interests of their family unit, their community, their trade union, their country/world ???
Solipsism. Childhood egocentricity. The jungle. Fishtank banging his head against a glass cell of his own making, like a , well, like a fish in a tank
Come on man - enter the debate instead of scoring points.
And, just for the record, you still haven't given us your view on clause IV - on socialism, that is.
I can only take it that you don't approve. And because you don't approve you don't have any real answers for the problems people face going forward that can't be provided by the Conservative Party.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do