ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual leave in November

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Annual leave in November

Post by rogersh »

So are you saying that employees are being misled when told that the last two weeks in November are not available to book now & is not a nationally agreed official change. Although I have been made an exception this year, I am thinking about next year.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Annual leave in November

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

If I recall correctly, when we recently picked our 2017-18 annual leave, w/c 20/11 and 27/11 were not possible to book, but w/c 25/12 was opened.

In effect, the Xmas pressure block was extended to 5 weeks from 4 where no leave could be taken, but brought forward to include Black Friday week in November.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Annual leave in November

Post by Dorset Plodder »

We were told some BS about there being a Restriction on leave in Nov... due to it being a "Historically High period of sick absence" :hmmmm

I believe most of Novs still blocked out on the leave chart. I love Christmas! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Annual leave in November

Post by k979aaa »

Dorset Plodder wrote:We were told some BS about there being a Restriction on leave in Nov... due to it being a "Historically High period of sick absence" :hmmmm

I believe most of Novs still blocked out on the leave chart. I love Christmas! :cuppa
Wonder why because Christmas is not a December time in royalmail November is the peak but having said that why on earth do we have such piss poor management at the top DOM and above.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Annual leave in November

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

rogersh wrote:So are you saying that employees are being misled when told that the last two weeks in November are not available to book now & is not a nationally agreed official change. Although I have been made an exception this year, I am thinking about next year.

Can't be I have the last full week in November booked.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.