ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Annual leave in November
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Annual leave in November
So are you saying that employees are being misled when told that the last two weeks in November are not available to book now & is not a nationally agreed official change. Although I have been made an exception this year, I am thinking about next year.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Annual leave in November
If I recall correctly, when we recently picked our 2017-18 annual leave, w/c 20/11 and 27/11 were not possible to book, but w/c 25/12 was opened.
In effect, the Xmas pressure block was extended to 5 weeks from 4 where no leave could be taken, but brought forward to include Black Friday week in November.
In effect, the Xmas pressure block was extended to 5 weeks from 4 where no leave could be taken, but brought forward to include Black Friday week in November.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Annual leave in November
We were told some BS about there being a Restriction on leave in Nov... due to it being a "Historically High period of sick absence"
I believe most of Novs still blocked out on the leave chart. I love Christmas!
I believe most of Novs still blocked out on the leave chart. I love Christmas!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Annual leave in November
Wonder why because Christmas is not a December time in royalmail November is the peak but having said that why on earth do we have such piss poor management at the top DOM and above.Dorset Plodder wrote:We were told some BS about there being a Restriction on leave in Nov... due to it being a "Historically High period of sick absence"![]()
I believe most of Novs still blocked out on the leave chart. I love Christmas!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Annual leave in November
rogersh wrote:So are you saying that employees are being misled when told that the last two weeks in November are not available to book now & is not a nationally agreed official change. Although I have been made an exception this year, I am thinking about next year.
Can't be I have the last full week in November booked.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.