I found one in the Parcels Redskin the other day so I expect someone was flapping like hell...somewhere. Handed it in and got my Browney Points for the day!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Special Delivery Vanished
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Special Delivery Vanished
Surprises me where these "SPECIALS" turn up. I always treat them like Kryptonite .....They're about the only thing I do worry about....because they cause so much shite if you lose one!
I found one in the Parcels Redskin the other day so I expect someone was flapping like hell...somewhere. Handed it in and got my Browney Points for the day!
I expect they'll take this good deed into consideration if I ever loose one? 
I found one in the Parcels Redskin the other day so I expect someone was flapping like hell...somewhere. Handed it in and got my Browney Points for the day!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Special Delivery Vanished
The side door pocket of the combo van is always a good place to look if something goes missing
We're all here because we're not all there
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: Special Delivery Vanished
Bump.
It turned up today
apparently it ended up in Bristol
left another P739 as they were out again
No idea how it ended up there seeing as I work around Manchester!
It turned up today
No idea how it ended up there seeing as I work around Manchester!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Special Delivery Vanished
Result!19times wrote:Bump.
It turned up todayapparently it ended up in Bristol
left another P739 as they were out again
![]()
No idea how it ended up there seeing as I work around Manchester!
I expect he's learned his lesson now? I've had a Special get lost from the Locker before now and had the old, "You never handed it in"!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
paulwilly
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Sep 2013, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Vanished
What was the outcome as exactly the same thing has happened to me and my partner, handed into locker now it's vanished not scanned back in.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Vanished
Does your office not have a sheet for the OPG to sign & book specials back in as they hand them into the locker?
-
buntin
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Vanished
are specials supposed to be scanned back in then ?? we,ve never done it in our office !!
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Vanished
We don't in ours either.buntin wrote:are specials supposed to be scanned back in then ?? we,ve never done it in our office !!
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Vanished
then if they ever go missing you have a simple answer "i handed them in to the locker"
seeing as theres no managed way of keeping record of them once brought back to the office its a simple argument.
seeing as theres no managed way of keeping record of them once brought back to the office its a simple argument.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Vanished
Never had a special go missing yet, touch wood. We hand ours back into the locker too and there is a sheet for us to sign them back in, but it usually goes walkies once everyone goes on delivery so 9 times out of 10 there's no proof that we've handed them back in or not.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Vanished
I used to work in the locker but handing them out not receiving them back in because I'd finished my shift by 1130 BUT I know what happens to diffi specials. In the locker there is an away bag for the mailcentre which collection mail is put in and there's a good chance that it has been put in that bag by mistake. I know that because on more than one occasion when I have been receiving them in early doors lo and behold specials from the day before, clearly marked have gone back through the system.
-
BoltonPostie
- Posts: 328
- Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Up s**t creek.
Special Delivery Vanished
I heard you read the paper and talked about whippets and what you was having for tea....work NO.dvbuk55 wrote:I used to work in the locker but handing them out not receiving them back in because I'd finished my shift by 1130 BUT I know what happens to diffi specials. In the locker there is an away bag for the mailcentre which collection mail is put in and there's a good chance that it has been put in that bag by mistake. I know that because on more than one occasion when I have been receiving them in early doors lo and behold specials from the day before, clearly marked have gone back through the system.
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Vanished
Not the paper no, something a little more graphic and shiny and filter coffee - oh and biscuits and sometimes really nice cakes, chocolate oozing with cream mmmmmm - why did I retire - now I've retired it's hard tack and waterBoltonPostie wrote:I heard you read the paper and talked about whippets and what you was having for tea....work NO.dvbuk55 wrote:I used to work in the locker but handing them out not receiving them back in because I'd finished my shift by 1130 BUT I know what happens to diffi specials. In the locker there is an away bag for the mailcentre which collection mail is put in and there's a good chance that it has been put in that bag by mistake. I know that because on more than one occasion when I have been receiving them in early doors lo and behold specials from the day before, clearly marked have gone back through the system.
-
dennis12
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 19:46
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Vanished
In my DO we always log all returned specials and recorded into separate books then they are scanned back into the office by the evening phg that way anything goes astray you have covered you own a##e.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Vanished
Sorry PW if that question was aimed at me!paulwilly wrote:What was the outcome as exactly the same thing has happened to me and my partner, handed into locker now it's vanished not scanned back in.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)