ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special Delivery Vanished

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Special Delivery Vanished

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Surprises me where these "SPECIALS" turn up. I always treat them like Kryptonite .....They're about the only thing I do worry about....because they cause so much shite if you lose one! :d'oh!

I found one in the Parcels Redskin the other day so I expect someone was flapping like hell...somewhere. Handed it in and got my Browney Points for the day! :thumbup I expect they'll take this good deed into consideration if I ever loose one? :thumbdown
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: Special Delivery Vanished

Post by GT85 »

The side door pocket of the combo van is always a good place to look if something goes missing
We're all here because we're not all there
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: Special Delivery Vanished

Post by 19times »

Bump.

It turned up today :shock: apparently it ended up in Bristol :crazy: left another P739 as they were out again :roll:

No idea how it ended up there seeing as I work around Manchester!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Special Delivery Vanished

Post by Dorset Plodder »

19times wrote:Bump.

It turned up today :shock: apparently it ended up in Bristol :crazy: left another P739 as they were out again :roll:

No idea how it ended up there seeing as I work around Manchester!
Result! :Applause And now your Partner can sleep at night! :thumbup

I expect he's learned his lesson now? I've had a Special get lost from the Locker before now and had the old, "You never handed it in"! :thumbdown now I always make sure any Special I bring back is booked in. Live & Learn! :thumbup
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
paulwilly
Posts: 1
Joined: 13 Sep 2013, 22:30
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Vanished

Post by paulwilly »

What was the outcome as exactly the same thing has happened to me and my partner, handed into locker now it's vanished not scanned back in.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Vanished

Post by greengiant »

Does your office not have a sheet for the OPG to sign & book specials back in as they hand them into the locker?
buntin
Posts: 100
Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Vanished

Post by buntin »

are specials supposed to be scanned back in then ?? we,ve never done it in our office !!
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Vanished

Post by Barbel »

buntin wrote:are specials supposed to be scanned back in then ?? we,ve never done it in our office !!
We don't in ours either.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Vanished

Post by Postie45 »

then if they ever go missing you have a simple answer "i handed them in to the locker"
seeing as theres no managed way of keeping record of them once brought back to the office its a simple argument.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Vanished

Post by Chewster »

Never had a special go missing yet, touch wood. We hand ours back into the locker too and there is a sheet for us to sign them back in, but it usually goes walkies once everyone goes on delivery so 9 times out of 10 there's no proof that we've handed them back in or not.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Vanished

Post by dvbuk55 »

I used to work in the locker but handing them out not receiving them back in because I'd finished my shift by 1130 BUT I know what happens to diffi specials. In the locker there is an away bag for the mailcentre which collection mail is put in and there's a good chance that it has been put in that bag by mistake. I know that because on more than one occasion when I have been receiving them in early doors lo and behold specials from the day before, clearly marked have gone back through the system.
BoltonPostie
Posts: 328
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
Gender: Male
Location: Up s**t creek.

Special Delivery Vanished

Post by BoltonPostie »

dvbuk55 wrote:I used to work in the locker but handing them out not receiving them back in because I'd finished my shift by 1130 BUT I know what happens to diffi specials. In the locker there is an away bag for the mailcentre which collection mail is put in and there's a good chance that it has been put in that bag by mistake. I know that because on more than one occasion when I have been receiving them in early doors lo and behold specials from the day before, clearly marked have gone back through the system.
I heard you read the paper and talked about whippets and what you was having for tea....work NO. :cuppa
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Vanished

Post by dvbuk55 »

BoltonPostie wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I used to work in the locker but handing them out not receiving them back in because I'd finished my shift by 1130 BUT I know what happens to diffi specials. In the locker there is an away bag for the mailcentre which collection mail is put in and there's a good chance that it has been put in that bag by mistake. I know that because on more than one occasion when I have been receiving them in early doors lo and behold specials from the day before, clearly marked have gone back through the system.
I heard you read the paper and talked about whippets and what you was having for tea....work NO. :cuppa
Not the paper no, something a little more graphic and shiny and filter coffee - oh and biscuits and sometimes really nice cakes, chocolate oozing with cream mmmmmm - why did I retire - now I've retired it's hard tack and water :cry
dennis12
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 19:46
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Vanished

Post by dennis12 »

In my DO we always log all returned specials and recorded into separate books then they are scanned back into the office by the evening phg that way anything goes astray you have covered you own a##e.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Vanished

Post by Dorset Plodder »

paulwilly wrote:What was the outcome as exactly the same thing has happened to me and my partner, handed into locker now it's vanished not scanned back in.
Sorry PW if that question was aimed at me! :d'oh! Nothing Happened as I refused to take the blame for it and told them to sort it out with the locker guy. Nowadays I will ALWAYS make sure he sees me put it on the counter and I'll say, "Special here for you to book back in"! :thumbup
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)