ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Election material

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by Chewster »

zx135 wrote:and with addressed ones just simply get them counted prior to sorting in, it's not hard takes about a minute at most and if your frame is getting sorted by someone else just ask them to do that and write it down
I can't speak for newpostie, but the people who prep my frame wouldn't piss on someone if they were on fire, never mind count leaflets for anyone :left: We may argue but I'm afraid to say that a lot of posties out there aren't as nice as most of us on these boards...Probably also worth noting that the people who prep my frame are very much "runners", hmmmm
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

NewPostieUK wrote:First of all, being paid for each item is daft. Secondly being paid different amounts depending on which office you work in and/or who your manager is that day and/or what mood he is in, is daft.
you should read the agreement might give you an insight on exactly why it's a pence per item and also varying amount dom office to office
NewPostieUK wrote:What about lapsing? If I deliver election stuff, maybe I wont have time to lapse. Can I take election items into account when working out if I can lapse or not? What if want to finish on time and so don't take lapsing, but deliver election items, isn't that fraud?
No this is not fraud as they are not claiming two payments for the same bit of work, yes potentially management issues on the hours but it's not fraud, what you are doing is fraud
NewPostieUK wrote:Isn't cutting off due to election items just the same as getting paid overtime when you deliver them? Aren't people who cut off committing fraud? Or is it the other stuff, the non-election stuff that increases their workload to the point where they need to cut-off?
again no they are not committing fraud, you are.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by rambo1 »

Comes down to honesty and common sense doesn't it? If you are doing enough election stuff to get paid, say 10 quid and it takes you 30 mins over, in my book, you're a fiver up if you are honest and don't claim, right? Can't understand all this squabbling when there's people working an hr for free every day!
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Election material

Post by NewPostieUK »

If you finish on time, aren't you getting paid twice? You got paid £10 an hour and 3p per item.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

NewPostieUK wrote:If you finish on time, aren't you getting paid twice? You got paid £10 an hour and 3p per item.
not for the same items of work, you get £10 per hour for the mail and 3p per item for the election material yes theat may overlap but its not fraud, you are claiming £10 per hour and 3p per item for just the election material that is fraud
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Election material

Post by NewPostieUK »

Can this 'overlapping' happen in overtime?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

NewPostieUK wrote:Can this 'overlapping' happen in overtime?

If the mail takes you over your time then yes you can claim over time for the extra time to deliver the mail and be paid for the election material as I said in the earlier post, so for example mail excluding the election material would take you an extra half hour you go over your time by 45 minutes due to the 30 minutes from the mail and 15 minutes for election material, so you would only claim the half hour extra not the full 45 minutes

not do what you are doing saying it's all a big charade and claim the lot, that's fraud and posties like you don't deserve the job
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Election material

Post by NewPostieUK »

I appreciate the time you are putting into discussing this issue.

I don't appreciate the insults.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Election material

Post by k979aaa »

zx135 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
zx135 wrote:general rule of thumb is if you didn't have the election material would the rest of your mail have caused you to go over?

If yes then you claim ot

if no the no you don't claim ot as the only reason you are going over is election material
Would this not be better solved by not counting all this material and set payments with a more generous figure of a standard overtime payment each day as the work would encompass the workload involved.

potentially but then would the electoral comission be happy about paying extra to basically cover heavy mail days and not soley the items they want delivered
Management know a week in advance of any heavy mail days but we all know it's a crap week with election material as do everyone on the front line but the back line area managers screw us over all the time!
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

NewPostieUK wrote:I appreciate the time you are putting into discussing this issue.

I don't appreciate the insults.

If you were unaware of the rules and just poorly informed then I would have a completely different attitude and be trying to help,

but that's not the situation, you knew the rules and are blatantly ignoring them to fraudulently claim extra money, dishonesty like that tarnishes all posties, if as you say don't appreciate the insults then I really don't care
super-postie
Posts: 94
Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by super-postie »

Is there a copy of the delivery agreement of election stuff. Id like to know how much per item addresses or unadressed and if prep is part of the payment. Ive put in loads of extra hours prepping them but my duty has no prep time built in. Can I claim o/t for this if it causes me to go over. Ta.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Election material

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

super-postie wrote:Is there a copy of the delivery agreement of election stuff. Id like to know how much per item addresses or unadressed and if prep is part of the payment. Ive put in loads of extra hours prepping them but my duty has no prep time built in. Can I claim o/t for this if it causes me to go over. Ta.
There is a link to the agreement in the 1st page of this thread.

However, per item is dependant on local agreements but ranges from 3p to 6p.

No you can't claim for prep time if that is what caused you to go over.

Prep time for Election Material isn't included in the work plan.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Election material

Post by NewPostieUK »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Prep time for Election Material isn't included in the work plan.
Unless you cut off?

If my finish time is 3:00 I can finish then, on the dot. I can't be forced to work over. But what if I have spent time on Election Material? If you take away the
time spent on Election Material, I'll have worked less than my contracted hours.

So I can't 'gain' by going over, but I can 'gain' by working to my time.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Election material

Post by motherhubbard »

NewPostieUK wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Prep time for Election Material isn't included in the work plan.
Unless you cut off?
But once you have accepted the payment for delivering the election material surely you have also accepted that they need to be delivered to spec.
I really don't see how you can accept the extra payment and cut off. It seems a very childish attitude.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Election material

Post by Chewster »

motherhubbard wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Prep time for Election Material isn't included in the work plan.
Unless you cut off?
I really don't see how you can accept the extra payment and cut off. It seems a very childish attitude.
Because you accept the payment on a per item basis, not on a time basis. If you were cutting off, then you would have to make a note of how many addresses you weren't delivering to and cut that out of your tally that you give to the manager. Simples.