I can't speak for newpostie, but the people who prep my frame wouldn't piss on someone if they were on fire, never mind count leaflets for anyonezx135 wrote:and with addressed ones just simply get them counted prior to sorting in, it's not hard takes about a minute at most and if your frame is getting sorted by someone else just ask them to do that and write it down
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Election material
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Election material
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Election material
you should read the agreement might give you an insight on exactly why it's a pence per item and also varying amount dom office to officeNewPostieUK wrote:First of all, being paid for each item is daft. Secondly being paid different amounts depending on which office you work in and/or who your manager is that day and/or what mood he is in, is daft.
No this is not fraud as they are not claiming two payments for the same bit of work, yes potentially management issues on the hours but it's not fraud, what you are doing is fraudNewPostieUK wrote:What about lapsing? If I deliver election stuff, maybe I wont have time to lapse. Can I take election items into account when working out if I can lapse or not? What if want to finish on time and so don't take lapsing, but deliver election items, isn't that fraud?
again no they are not committing fraud, you are.NewPostieUK wrote:Isn't cutting off due to election items just the same as getting paid overtime when you deliver them? Aren't people who cut off committing fraud? Or is it the other stuff, the non-election stuff that increases their workload to the point where they need to cut-off?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Election material
Comes down to honesty and common sense doesn't it? If you are doing enough election stuff to get paid, say 10 quid and it takes you 30 mins over, in my book, you're a fiver up if you are honest and don't claim, right? Can't understand all this squabbling when there's people working an hr for free every day!
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Election material
If you finish on time, aren't you getting paid twice? You got paid £10 an hour and 3p per item.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Election material
not for the same items of work, you get £10 per hour for the mail and 3p per item for the election material yes theat may overlap but its not fraud, you are claiming £10 per hour and 3p per item for just the election material that is fraudNewPostieUK wrote:If you finish on time, aren't you getting paid twice? You got paid £10 an hour and 3p per item.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Election material
Can this 'overlapping' happen in overtime?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Election material
NewPostieUK wrote:Can this 'overlapping' happen in overtime?
If the mail takes you over your time then yes you can claim over time for the extra time to deliver the mail and be paid for the election material as I said in the earlier post, so for example mail excluding the election material would take you an extra half hour you go over your time by 45 minutes due to the 30 minutes from the mail and 15 minutes for election material, so you would only claim the half hour extra not the full 45 minutes
not do what you are doing saying it's all a big charade and claim the lot, that's fraud and posties like you don't deserve the job
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Election material
I appreciate the time you are putting into discussing this issue.
I don't appreciate the insults.
I don't appreciate the insults.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Election material
Management know a week in advance of any heavy mail days but we all know it's a crap week with election material as do everyone on the front line but the back line area managers screw us over all the time!zx135 wrote:k979aaa wrote:Would this not be better solved by not counting all this material and set payments with a more generous figure of a standard overtime payment each day as the work would encompass the workload involved.zx135 wrote:general rule of thumb is if you didn't have the election material would the rest of your mail have caused you to go over?
If yes then you claim ot
if no the no you don't claim ot as the only reason you are going over is election material
potentially but then would the electoral comission be happy about paying extra to basically cover heavy mail days and not soley the items they want delivered
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Election material
NewPostieUK wrote:I appreciate the time you are putting into discussing this issue.
I don't appreciate the insults.
If you were unaware of the rules and just poorly informed then I would have a completely different attitude and be trying to help,
but that's not the situation, you knew the rules and are blatantly ignoring them to fraudulently claim extra money, dishonesty like that tarnishes all posties, if as you say don't appreciate the insults then I really don't care
-
super-postie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
- Gender: Male
Election material
Is there a copy of the delivery agreement of election stuff. Id like to know how much per item addresses or unadressed and if prep is part of the payment. Ive put in loads of extra hours prepping them but my duty has no prep time built in. Can I claim o/t for this if it causes me to go over. Ta.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Election material
There is a link to the agreement in the 1st page of this thread.super-postie wrote:Is there a copy of the delivery agreement of election stuff. Id like to know how much per item addresses or unadressed and if prep is part of the payment. Ive put in loads of extra hours prepping them but my duty has no prep time built in. Can I claim o/t for this if it causes me to go over. Ta.
However, per item is dependant on local agreements but ranges from 3p to 6p.
No you can't claim for prep time if that is what caused you to go over.
Prep time for Election Material isn't included in the work plan.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Election material
Unless you cut off?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Prep time for Election Material isn't included in the work plan.
If my finish time is 3:00 I can finish then, on the dot. I can't be forced to work over. But what if I have spent time on Election Material? If you take away the
time spent on Election Material, I'll have worked less than my contracted hours.
So I can't 'gain' by going over, but I can 'gain' by working to my time.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Election material
But once you have accepted the payment for delivering the election material surely you have also accepted that they need to be delivered to spec.NewPostieUK wrote:Unless you cut off?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Prep time for Election Material isn't included in the work plan.
I really don't see how you can accept the extra payment and cut off. It seems a very childish attitude.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Election material
Because you accept the payment on a per item basis, not on a time basis. If you were cutting off, then you would have to make a note of how many addresses you weren't delivering to and cut that out of your tally that you give to the manager. Simples.motherhubbard wrote:I really don't see how you can accept the extra payment and cut off. It seems a very childish attitude.NewPostieUK wrote:Unless you cut off?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Prep time for Election Material isn't included in the work plan.