Not true,One of my colleagues went to a 20 year award dinner today (HP area) and he got a voucher for £75 or something like that!aiden01 wrote:zilch done away with 20 yr service award unless you count a certificate as a long service award miserable c..tscomeracing wrote:sounds bad for me ive my 20th year coming up in june what will I get ?![]()
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Long service awards
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
I probably got the length of service wrong....it was a Big One..... I found it ironic that they complained about the paltry sum...... and were told Yes Royal Mail agree, so we're going to reduce it! WTF?bluealbert wrote:
Didn't know we had a reward for 25 years service ?? I got fook all![]()
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
must have been in 20years before 25th April as that was the date the £80 vouchers stopped as many posties will testify.Bahia Feliz wrote:Not true,One of my colleagues went to a 20 year award dinner today (HP area) and he got a voucher for £75 or something like that!aiden01 wrote:zilch done away with 20 yr service award unless you count a certificate as a long service award miserable c..tscomeracing wrote:sounds bad for me ive my 20th year coming up in june what will I get ?![]()
![]()
-
martygee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 22:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
Just had my 30 year award. Not even presented to me properly by the manager, only, here's your 30 year service award. not looked at the gift award yet, but the tie pin and Perspex bit of tat is getting posted to Moya Greene, informing her I don't deserve such a fantastic gift for 30 years hard work, and could she find another use for it. I'm sure if she asked staff if they had any ideas what to do with it, her, ask Moya bag load would be overflowing.
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
Got my 30 year award last week. absolutely staggered , that some dimbo at HO came up with the idea to cut the award. 100 bloody quid can`t buy you much these days. tie pin went straight in the bin under my board, bloody insult. and I`m still waiting bfor my invite the the social event.
-
stradeyboy10
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 23 May 2011, 21:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
My 30 years was up last month,so far not even a thanks from anyone!!
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
I got my award about six months after I had actually reached my 30 years, so you will probably get yours at some point.stradeyboy10 wrote:My 30 years was up last month,so far not even a thanks from anyone!!
-
stodgy88
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Long service awards
Just got my 30 years award,£100 vouchers,tie pin,and a plaque ,waiting for password,to use vouchers,come a week later for some unknown reason.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Long service awards
Perhaps Moya and her team will come up with another award for 30 years service next year Euthanasia with the sickness with these long walks have caused.
-
Ulstergal2004
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 28 Oct 2014, 21:37
- Gender: Female
Long service awards
My 20 years service just past on 26 March 2016.. haven't received anything yet.. did get a letter a couple of months ago saying that I will be presented with something (certificate likely).. and to fill out managers name etc.. When do you normally get this.. I assumed it would be on the actual date... ??
-
darkknight34
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 14:40
- Gender: Male
Long service awards
Yea that's all I got for my 20 years back in Feb what a joke, it's not like they aren't making a profit now. My perspex block has a family photo in it and my badge was so small it got lost within a week.
But I am getting another 100 calls on my round soon just to reward my long service
But I am getting another 100 calls on my round soon just to reward my long service
-
landohairspray
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 10 Feb 2016, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Long service awards
I got the usual guff but also I got 'points' to use on a gift website. My points equated to stuff like a champagne set, wine sets, perfume and aftershave AND a Lego deep sea divers playset!
There are things like ipads on there, but I've worked out that to get THOSE amount of points you need to work at RM for about 433 years. I'm not joking.
Still haven't cashed mine in.
20 years... Thanks.

There are things like ipads on there, but I've worked out that to get THOSE amount of points you need to work at RM for about 433 years. I'm not joking.
Still haven't cashed mine in.
20 years... Thanks.
-
craven
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 11 Jun 2007, 14:35
Long service awards
Wonder what I'll get for 40 years in a couple of months, don't look good.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Long service awards
A glass of whisky and the Mess Webley.craven wrote:Wonder what I'll get for 40 years in a couple of months, don't look good.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
dee
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 09:56
- Gender: Male
Long service awards
30 yr award stressing me out no password had to ring reward support team, tried to log in not accepting password
usual rm couldnt run a bath lol
usual rm couldnt run a bath lol