ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Long service awards

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Long service awards

Post by Bahia Feliz »

aiden01 wrote:
comeracing wrote:sounds bad for me ive my 20th year coming up in june what will I get ? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
zilch done away with 20 yr service award unless you count a certificate as a long service award miserable c..ts
Not true,One of my colleagues went to a 20 year award dinner today (HP area) and he got a voucher for £75 or something like that!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Long service awards

Post by Dorset Plodder »

bluealbert wrote:
Didn't know we had a reward for 25 years service ?? I got fook all :left: :thumbdown
I probably got the length of service wrong....it was a Big One..... I found it ironic that they complained about the paltry sum...... and were told Yes Royal Mail agree, so we're going to reduce it! WTF? :arrrghhh
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Long service awards

Post by aiden01 »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
comeracing wrote:sounds bad for me ive my 20th year coming up in june what will I get ? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
zilch done away with 20 yr service award unless you count a certificate as a long service award miserable c..ts
Not true,One of my colleagues went to a 20 year award dinner today (HP area) and he got a voucher for £75 or something like that!
must have been in 20years before 25th April as that was the date the £80 vouchers stopped as many posties will testify.
martygee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 24
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 22:31
Gender: Male

Re: Long service awards

Post by martygee »

Just had my 30 year award. Not even presented to me properly by the manager, only, here's your 30 year service award. not looked at the gift award yet, but the tie pin and Perspex bit of tat is getting posted to Moya Greene, informing her I don't deserve such a fantastic gift for 30 years hard work, and could she find another use for it. I'm sure if she asked staff if they had any ideas what to do with it, her, ask Moya bag load would be overflowing.
windermeredave
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 265
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Long service awards

Post by windermeredave »

Got my 30 year award last week. absolutely staggered , that some dimbo at HO came up with the idea to cut the award. 100 bloody quid can`t buy you much these days. tie pin went straight in the bin under my board, bloody insult. and I`m still waiting bfor my invite the the social event.
stradeyboy10
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 May 2011, 21:56
Gender: Male

Re: Long service awards

Post by stradeyboy10 »

My 30 years was up last month,so far not even a thanks from anyone!!
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Long service awards

Post by baldrick »

stradeyboy10 wrote:My 30 years was up last month,so far not even a thanks from anyone!!
I got my award about six months after I had actually reached my 30 years, so you will probably get yours at some point.
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

Re: Long service awards

Post by stodgy88 »

Just got my 30 years award,£100 vouchers,tie pin,and a plaque ,waiting for password,to use vouchers,come a week later for some unknown reason.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Long service awards

Post by k979aaa »

Perhaps Moya and her team will come up with another award for 30 years service next year Euthanasia with the sickness with these long walks have caused.
Ulstergal2004
Posts: 1
Joined: 28 Oct 2014, 21:37
Gender: Female

Long service awards

Post by Ulstergal2004 »

My 20 years service just past on 26 March 2016.. haven't received anything yet.. did get a letter a couple of months ago saying that I will be presented with something (certificate likely).. and to fill out managers name etc.. When do you normally get this.. I assumed it would be on the actual date... ??
darkknight34
Posts: 6
Joined: 01 Aug 2011, 14:40
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by darkknight34 »

Yea that's all I got for my 20 years back in Feb what a joke, it's not like they aren't making a profit now. My perspex block has a family photo in it and my badge was so small it got lost within a week.
But I am getting another 100 calls on my round soon just to reward my long service :arrrghhh
landohairspray
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Feb 2016, 17:54
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by landohairspray »

I got the usual guff but also I got 'points' to use on a gift website. My points equated to stuff like a champagne set, wine sets, perfume and aftershave AND a Lego deep sea divers playset! :shock:

There are things like ipads on there, but I've worked out that to get THOSE amount of points you need to work at RM for about 433 years. I'm not joking.

Still haven't cashed mine in.

20 years... Thanks.

:arrrghhh
craven
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 15
Joined: 11 Jun 2007, 14:35

Long service awards

Post by craven »

Wonder what I'll get for 40 years in a couple of months, don't look good.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Long service awards

Post by DB1100 »

craven wrote:Wonder what I'll get for 40 years in a couple of months, don't look good.
A glass of whisky and the Mess Webley.
For we were soldiers once,and young
dee
Posts: 1
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 09:56
Gender: Male

Long service awards

Post by dee »

30 yr award stressing me out no password had to ring reward support team, tried to log in not accepting password
usual rm couldnt run a bath lol :arrrghhh