ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Next weeks bulk posting:EU election leaflet

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by eastie »

I wonder how many people will return these brochures to 10 Downing Street or return to sender as unsolicited mail, could be a good idea
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by nickbsmooth »

eastie wrote:I wonder how many people will return these brochures to 10 Downing Street or return to sender as unsolicited mail, could be a good idea
Quite a few my parents and their friends are posting them back to no 10 as they are all against the propaganda ,the joys of retirement to do such things
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by k979aaa »

nickbsmooth wrote:
eastie wrote:I wonder how many people will return these brochures to 10 Downing Street or return to sender as unsolicited mail, could be a good idea
Quite a few my parents and their friends are posting them back to no 10 as they are all against the propaganda ,the joys of retirement to do such things
How as it is a D2D with no replies envelope are they going to pay RM more money for the sake of argument.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by Spedley »

Does anyone know why we have 3 days to deliver them? Why not 6 like a normal D2D? Is there some televised debate later in the week or a something like that?
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by fly-catchers »

If they all were sent back to No.10 I would hate to be the postie for Downing Street!! :nana
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by motherhubbard »

How many of you lot are prepared to refuse to deliver them and put your jobs on the line for your convictions?
Or is all this frothing at the mouth the result of too much armchair activism.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by DB1100 »

daveyeff wrote:i still don't believe we voted it in. every body I know all say the same. it was rigged we were stitched.
I agree 100%.
For we were soldiers once,and young
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by motherhubbard »

DB1100 wrote:
daveyeff wrote:i still don't believe we voted it in. every body I know all say the same. it was rigged we were stitched.
I agree 100%.
It must have been the lizards.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
Gender: Male

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by CAMPINGBLUNDERER »

We didn't get any today , maybe they will arrive Monday , maybe not.
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by ScousePostie »

They've arrived at our office today. Got back to the office at 12:30 today so I used the time to throw all into the frame.

I was quite amazed at how many colleagues got back early today and darted straight out the door for an early finish. One or two telling management they won't have the time to deliver all over three days.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

motherhubbard wrote:How many of you lot are prepared to refuse to deliver them and put your jobs on the line for your convictions?
Or is all this frothing at the mouth the result of too much armchair activism.

Why would their jobs be on line if refused to deliver them?
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by daveyeff »

you can refuse then, can you?
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by ScousePostie »

Does that mean I can refuse to delivery any D2D? I don't think so.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by motherhubbard »

zx135 wrote:
motherhubbard wrote:How many of you lot are prepared to refuse to deliver them and put your jobs on the line for your convictions?
Or is all this frothing at the mouth the result of too much armchair activism.

Why would their jobs be on line if refused to deliver them?
I think they call it willful delay. I don't think the conscience clause covers D2D.
I could be wrong. I'm sure that you who knows everything will put us lesser mortals right.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Next weeks bulk posting

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

motherhubbard wrote:
zx135 wrote:
motherhubbard wrote:How many of you lot are prepared to refuse to deliver them and put your jobs on the line for your convictions?
Or is all this frothing at the mouth the result of too much armchair activism.

Why would their jobs be on line if refused to deliver them?
I think they call it willful delay. I don't think the conscience clause covers D2D.
I could be wrong. I'm sure that you who knows everything will put us lesser mortals right.
No need to be rude.

yes the conscience clause covers all political literature, doesn't matter if sent as d2d.