I'm looking to cancel mine. Went in on in because of the promise that pre-existing conditions were covered, including mine which never is and that that the treatment I was on an NHS waiting list for would be covered.
So I then tried to make a claim only to be told as I was being treated in a health centre rather than a hospital they won't pay.
Think I'll have a good chat with the Simply Health lady next time she visits, more people seem to get value for money with those plans and she lets you have as many free pens as you want!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Personal assurance
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Personal assurance
How do I cance this
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Personal assurance
I cancelled mine by email and put what I was giving them into commsave, at least I will get my money bsck instead of giving it to them
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Personal assurance
Just cancelled mine. Been paying into it for just over a year, only just got what I paid into it back, due to being in hospital for knee surgery last year, and a couple of visits to see knee consultant.
Unless you are planning on being in hospital 3 times a year, it's not really worth while. I'd rather put the equivelant (£5 odd a week!) into a savings account, and use that for a "rainy day"
Curiously, no questioning from the sales agent when I phoned to cancel!
Unless you are planning on being in hospital 3 times a year, it's not really worth while. I'd rather put the equivelant (£5 odd a week!) into a savings account, and use that for a "rainy day"
Curiously, no questioning from the sales agent when I phoned to cancel!
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Personal assurance
Filled out the opt-out form when it came a few weeks ago and signed up for the Simply health plan on my bundle when the window opened. the switch on my payslip happened this week
£2 a week less and guaranteed to get something back every year, even if it is just the cost of a couple of dentist appointments, plus knowing there's more there if I need it. Definitely the better deal.
£2 a week less and guaranteed to get something back every year, even if it is just the cost of a couple of dentist appointments, plus knowing there's more there if I need it. Definitely the better deal.
-
MAILMAN84
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05
Personal assurance
See if you cancel this, been paying into it for years. Do you get payments back at all or any of them?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Personal assurance
I just cancelled about a month or so ago. I've been in it for a couple of years never used it. All I got was a check through the post for £2.47. It would cost me more in fuel to drive there to cash it in so I just binned it.MAILMAN84 wrote:See if you cancel this, been paying into it for years. Do you get payments back at all or any of them?
-
Postiebear
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
- Gender: Male
Personal assurance
Does anyone have a list of the benefits oh having this cover?