ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Personal assurance

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Personal assurance

Post by crazyshrew »

I'm looking to cancel mine. Went in on in because of the promise that pre-existing conditions were covered, including mine which never is and that that the treatment I was on an NHS waiting list for would be covered.
So I then tried to make a claim only to be told as I was being treated in a health centre rather than a hospital they won't pay.

Think I'll have a good chat with the Simply Health lady next time she visits, more people seem to get value for money with those plans and she lets you have as many free pens as you want!
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Re: Personal assurance

Post by Creditshampoo »

How do I cance this
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: Personal assurance

Post by gary1975 »

I cancelled mine by email and put what I was giving them into commsave, at least I will get my money bsck instead of giving it to them
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Personal assurance

Post by greengiant »

Just cancelled mine. Been paying into it for just over a year, only just got what I paid into it back, due to being in hospital for knee surgery last year, and a couple of visits to see knee consultant.

Unless you are planning on being in hospital 3 times a year, it's not really worth while. I'd rather put the equivelant (£5 odd a week!) into a savings account, and use that for a "rainy day"

Curiously, no questioning from the sales agent when I phoned to cancel!
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Personal assurance

Post by crazyshrew »

Filled out the opt-out form when it came a few weeks ago and signed up for the Simply health plan on my bundle when the window opened. the switch on my payslip happened this week
£2 a week less and guaranteed to get something back every year, even if it is just the cost of a couple of dentist appointments, plus knowing there's more there if I need it. Definitely the better deal.
MAILMAN84
Posts: 186
Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05

Personal assurance

Post by MAILMAN84 »

See if you cancel this, been paying into it for years. Do you get payments back at all or any of them?
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Personal assurance

Post by 97gaz »

I
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Personal assurance

Post by CPTNemoUK »

MAILMAN84 wrote:See if you cancel this, been paying into it for years. Do you get payments back at all or any of them?
I just cancelled about a month or so ago. I've been in it for a couple of years never used it. All I got was a check through the post for £2.47. It would cost me more in fuel to drive there to cash it in so I just binned it. :left:
Postiebear
Posts: 77
Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
Gender: Male

Personal assurance

Post by Postiebear »

Does anyone have a list of the benefits oh having this cover?