ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by Destiny »

Apathy & rejection of the union would see this largely ignored at my office and one my uncle works at.
Couldn't see more than 1:10 of them batting an eyelid :neutral:

The speed of this hopefully I can support Dave by next year :wave
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by greengiant »

We all got handed a brief today, which gave the RM viewpoint and urging "no" vote with regards to the strike ballot. Apparently the same brief will be arriving by post too. I wonder if the CWU will get to had out and send out briefs giving their view?
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by daveyeff »

greengiant wrote:We all got handed a brief today, which gave the RM viewpoint and urging "no" vote with regards to the strike ballot. Apparently the same brief will be arriving by post too. I wonder if the CWU will get to had out and send out briefs giving their view?
and what was their view?
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by daveyeff »

why give their view point now, why couldn't they put their viewpoint over when this first happened.? only when the strike escalates they give out their viewpoint.
oypostie
Posts: 914
Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by oypostie »

Royal Mail have had their viewpoint and two couirts have found against it. Sooner this escalates the better. Go on Scotland do us proud :thumbup
Denisthemenace
Posts: 7
Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 17:03
Gender: Female

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by Denisthemenace »

Let's hope the post men and women will ignore the R M propaganda and ballot for strike action. They will suffer loss of pay but hopefully they will see the bigger picture . If R M wins this one they will be laughing at riding roughshod over every employee in the land. They can hire and fire at will,ignore a judges ruling and use Dave Mitchell as a scapegoat. The Union will be worthless . This is shocking behaviour from a colossal sized company like RM. Dave is a lovely honest innocent guy. I beg you to help, stand up and be counted.
sweeneytoddd
Posts: 8
Joined: 11 Jul 2007, 22:17

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by sweeneytoddd »

daveyeff wrote:best of luck. and I hope we win and he gets his job back.
Don't think he's looking for his job back- I'm led to believe he's ( or his lawyer) looking for 10 years salary as compensation
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by NWpostie »

sweeneytoddd wrote:
daveyeff wrote:best of luck. and I hope we win and he gets his job back.
Don't think he's looking for his job back- I'm led to believe he's ( or his lawyer) looking for 10 years salary as compensation
If true it might be a way out for both sides, on one hand RM would realise every time it sacks an employee on spurious grounds then lose a tribunal twice, it will cost them a lot of money as well as adverse publicity and David Mitchell would get a lot more than he would have got on VR, his future sorted, make RM pays the tax on the payout before handing over the agreed sum so he doesn't get stung by unexpected charges, also no gagging clauses, Dave must be free to speak of his experience with book royalties in order to secure his future as his future employment prospects is damaged. RM would be desperate to resolve this that they would agree to anything.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

sweeneytoddd wrote:
daveyeff wrote:best of luck. and I hope we win and he gets his job back.
Don't think he's looking for his job back- I'm led to believe he's ( or his lawyer) looking for 10 years salary as compensation
Where has that come from because I haven't heard it and I am in contact with someone very close to him. I think this is another spurious rumour caused by managers trying to muddy the waters. The sad thing is people will believe it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
themoog
Posts: 42
Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 20:46
Gender: Male
Location: England

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by themoog »

Shame the union can't ballot every member.

Four square behind your efforts, and I hope Mr Mitchell gets re-instated :thumbup
sweeneytoddd
Posts: 8
Joined: 11 Jul 2007, 22:17

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by sweeneytoddd »

Actually it came from our rep- would help if the union would come out and actually confirm what they are looking to achieve
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by fishtank »

sweeneytoddd wrote:Actually it came from our rep- would help if the union would come out and actually confirm what they are looking to achieve
I know your rep so I'll ask directly.
What the union is looking to achieve is simple, stop Royal Mail ignoring the judgement of an industrial tribunal.
You would think that would be enough for you guys.

Now what do you hope to achieve by spreading made up s**t like that on here?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by daveyeff »

well Dave Mitchell has said he just wants his job back, and to put all this behind him...... his words.
sweeneytoddd
Posts: 8
Joined: 11 Jul 2007, 22:17

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by sweeneytoddd »

fishtank wrote:
sweeneytoddd wrote:Actually it came from our rep- would help if the union would come out and actually confirm what they are looking to achieve
I know your rep so I'll ask directly.
What the union is looking to achieve is simple, stop Royal Mail ignoring the judgement of an industrial tribunal.
You would think that would be enough for you guys.

Now what do you hope to achieve by spreading made up s**t like that on here?
Exactly what made up s**t have I been spreading?
Asked a fairly simple question and get abused for it
I'm being asked to forfeit a days wage to support this colleague so I think I have every right to ask questions about it
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Ballot regards the Reinstatement of David Mitchell sacked Postman from Cupar D.O.

Post by greengiant »

sweeneytoddd wrote: Exactly what made up s**t have I been spreading?
Asked a fairly simple question and get abused for it
I'm being asked to forfeit a days wage to support this colleague so I think I have every right to ask questions about it
Do you have actual evidence of this:
sweeneytoddd wrote: Don't think he's looking for his job back- I'm led to believe he's ( or his lawyer) looking for 10 years salary as compensation
Or is this just rumour spreading of heresay?

The thing about this case, it could happen to you, or I, or any of us. If RM have "reasonable grounds" that mail has been stolen, that's all they need to sack staff, despite lack of hard evidence.