Couldn't see more than 1:10 of them batting an eyelid
The speed of this hopefully I can support Dave by next year
and what was their view?greengiant wrote:We all got handed a brief today, which gave the RM viewpoint and urging "no" vote with regards to the strike ballot. Apparently the same brief will be arriving by post too. I wonder if the CWU will get to had out and send out briefs giving their view?
Don't think he's looking for his job back- I'm led to believe he's ( or his lawyer) looking for 10 years salary as compensationdaveyeff wrote:best of luck. and I hope we win and he gets his job back.
If true it might be a way out for both sides, on one hand RM would realise every time it sacks an employee on spurious grounds then lose a tribunal twice, it will cost them a lot of money as well as adverse publicity and David Mitchell would get a lot more than he would have got on VR, his future sorted, make RM pays the tax on the payout before handing over the agreed sum so he doesn't get stung by unexpected charges, also no gagging clauses, Dave must be free to speak of his experience with book royalties in order to secure his future as his future employment prospects is damaged. RM would be desperate to resolve this that they would agree to anything.sweeneytoddd wrote:Don't think he's looking for his job back- I'm led to believe he's ( or his lawyer) looking for 10 years salary as compensationdaveyeff wrote:best of luck. and I hope we win and he gets his job back.
Where has that come from because I haven't heard it and I am in contact with someone very close to him. I think this is another spurious rumour caused by managers trying to muddy the waters. The sad thing is people will believe it.sweeneytoddd wrote:Don't think he's looking for his job back- I'm led to believe he's ( or his lawyer) looking for 10 years salary as compensationdaveyeff wrote:best of luck. and I hope we win and he gets his job back.
I know your rep so I'll ask directly.sweeneytoddd wrote:Actually it came from our rep- would help if the union would come out and actually confirm what they are looking to achieve
Exactly what made up s**t have I been spreading?fishtank wrote:I know your rep so I'll ask directly.sweeneytoddd wrote:Actually it came from our rep- would help if the union would come out and actually confirm what they are looking to achieve
What the union is looking to achieve is simple, stop Royal Mail ignoring the judgement of an industrial tribunal.
You would think that would be enough for you guys.
Now what do you hope to achieve by spreading made up s**t like that on here?
Do you have actual evidence of this:sweeneytoddd wrote: Exactly what made up s**t have I been spreading?
Asked a fairly simple question and get abused for it
I'm being asked to forfeit a days wage to support this colleague so I think I have every right to ask questions about it
Or is this just rumour spreading of heresay?sweeneytoddd wrote: Don't think he's looking for his job back- I'm led to believe he's ( or his lawyer) looking for 10 years salary as compensation