ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How many steps do You take in a working day?
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
How many steps do You take in a working day?
It doesn't really matter how many you do, most posties will claim they do more and your non postie mates won't believe you 
We're all here because we're not all there
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
Yes!! My non postie mates all seem to think this job is a piece of cake. I'd love to take them out on my duty for a day and see how they cope. I used to labour on farms and fields before this, digging holes and generally being a dogsbody, and I tell you, most of the time I'm more tired out after a day of postying than I was after a day of digging holes!GT85 wrote:It doesn't really matter how many you do, most posties will claim they do more and your non postie mates won't believe you
-
Nobbylad
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 20:19
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
What app are we using for this? I feel like I'd be a contender but need to download the right app.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
The app is "Health". It has a chart and dashboard display. Around 23000- 25000 is a common figure in our office on park and loop.On My day off I was just under 2000!!!!. Health experts say try to walk 10000 steps a day
-
Nobbylad
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 20:19
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
Just on delivery or in a full day?
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
Nobbylad wrote:Just on delivery or in a full day?
From leaving My front door to the end of My delivery,
-
lovehunter
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:39
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
28500 roughly each day
-
lovehunter
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:39
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
It's only built into iPhones from iPhone 5s onwards, not the iPhone 5c thoNobbylad wrote:What app are we using for this? I feel like I'd be a contender but need to download the right app.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
Anything from 20000 upwards!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
Yes!! I get the same. No one understands why I can't go out on a Saturday night anymore after a duty. They don't understand the relentless day in, day out nature of it. They all seem to think its the equivalent of going shopping for a couple of hours or something. They also think mail weighs nothing. Or if I mention a 100kg trolley or 15kg mailbag, they sort of shrug and say stuff like, 15kg isnt very much because they can bench press 100kg for 3 mins at the gym.Chewster wrote:Yes!! My non postie mates all seem to think this job is a piece of cake. I'd love to take them out on my duty for a day and see how they cope. I used to labour on farms and fields before this, digging holes and generally being a dogsbody, and I tell you, most of the time I'm more tired out after a day of postying than I was after a day of digging holes!GT85 wrote:It doesn't really matter how many you do, most posties will claim they do more and your non postie mates won't believe you
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
LOL, it makes me laugh. I read somewhere the Royal Mail Pegasus software calculated each walk at 5 and a half miles. Each mile is about 2000 steps. Those of you taking 20,000 steps are walking 10 miles. How can it be? I have found the walks calculated by Pegasus to be SOOO efficient and totally on the ball. Anyone taking 10,000 to 12,000 steps is doing something wrong. 
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
This has got me thinking now.
What is the least number of steps is any one counting in total on a delivery
Any takers????
What is the least number of steps is any one counting in total on a delivery
Any takers????
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
Very much doubt Pegasus take into consideration the thousands of stairs on some duties, or the having to go round to back of building to deliver to door number b, stepping round bins, all the steps spent opening and closing gates. Agree we're not walking 10/15 miles, doesn't mean to say the step count is inaccurate.woopesh wrote:LOL, it makes me laugh. I read somewhere the Royal Mail Pegasus software calculated each walk at 5 and a half miles. Each mile is about 2000 steps. Those of you taking 20,000 steps are walking 10 miles. How can it be? I have found the walks calculated by Pegasus to be SOOO efficient and totally on the ball. Anyone taking 10,000 to 12,000 steps is doing something wrong.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
How many steps do You take in a working day?
Thought they had a different way of calculating walks, the names Sid and Sarah spring to mind....... unless I dreamt itNewbie001 wrote:Very much doubt Pegasus take into consideration the thousands of stairs on some duties, or the having to go round to back of building to deliver to door number b, stepping round bins, all the steps spent opening and closing gates. Agree we're not walking 10/15 miles, doesn't mean to say the step count is inaccurate.woopesh wrote:LOL, it makes me laugh. I read somewhere the Royal Mail Pegasus software calculated each walk at 5 and a half miles. Each mile is about 2000 steps. Those of you taking 20,000 steps are walking 10 miles. How can it be? I have found the walks calculated by Pegasus to be SOOO efficient and totally on the ball. Anyone taking 10,000 to 12,000 steps is doing something wrong.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
How many steps do You take in a working day?
http://www.uwyo.edu/wintherockies_edur/ ... rsions.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.