Hmm I'll have to give it another bash tomorrow and see if it worksPostie45 wrote:Maybe there has been a software update as I can confirm they are scanning for me...Chewster wrote:
On occasion I've tried to scan the square barcodes with our PDAs and not once have they actually scanned. Will the PDAs be getting a software update to accommodate these barcodes?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Scanning every parcel
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
Huh? I think these endless quotes of quotes of quotes are getting into disarray. I never said the quote now attributed to me!Chewster wrote:Hmm I'll have to give it another bash tomorrow and see if it worksPostie45 wrote:Maybe there has been a software update as I can confirm they are scanning for me...Chewster wrote:
On occasion I've tried to scan the square barcodes with our PDAs and not once have they actually scanned. Will the PDAs be getting a software update to accommodate these barcodes?
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
This is royal mail were talking about. They will just announce it in WTL, everyone will moan about how much longer it will take, then proceed to go out on delivery and find even more corners to cut so they can still go home earlyPostie45 wrote:Its great that we have been given more work which will make the deliveries take longer to do, so of course I expect RM to be doing another revision to make sure the duties are made smaller to absorb the extra workload ?
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
It was me that said it originally! I think things just got a little bit mixed up with the codes for the quoteswannabeek wrote:Huh? I think these endless quotes of quotes of quotes are getting into disarray. I never said the quote now attributed to me!Chewster wrote:Hmm I'll have to give it another bash tomorrow and see if it worksPostie45 wrote:Maybe there has been a software update as I can confirm they are scanning for me...Chewster wrote:
On occasion I've tried to scan the square barcodes with our PDAs and not once have they actually scanned. Will the PDAs be getting a software update to accommodate these barcodes?
-
zola4ever
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 14:58
- Gender: Male
- Location: NORTH OF PENZANCE
Scanning every parcel
I was told about this last week. Obviously this wont add any extra time to your walk, rather like the deliver to the neighbour idea, I understand doing this doesn't take any extra time. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Scanning every parcel
Sorted the misquotes - 2 extra quote codes were left saying nothing when the original post was snipped
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
If every parcel is scanned as standard, what would be the point in RM Tracked?
-
HarryPoorer
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
Maybe they should make sure all barcodes scan first, too much time wasted inputting each one, some ebay parcels come through with a printed one and an orange one because the p.o. can't be bothered inputting it 
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Scanning every parcel
To give it a name?Chitchat wrote:If every parcel is scanned as standard, what would be the point in RM Tracked?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Scanning every parcel
Tracked is and will be scanned at every point in the pipeline.Chitchat wrote:If every parcel is scanned as standard, what would be the point in RM Tracked?
Standard parcels will only be scanned at key points.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
Gave it another bash today and my PDA did indeed scan the square barcodes, must have been a software update in recent months.
On the topic of barcodes, on occasion I have come across Tracked items that have the standard Tracked barcode that doesn't usually require a signature, but very occasionally they've had another barcode IN ADDITION to the tracked barcode on them, the tracking barcode not requiring a signature and the other barcode asking for a signature. Anybody got any clue what that's about? Been a while since I've come across it, all I can remember is it wasn't Amazon, I think it might have been Markies but I could be making that up
On the topic of barcodes, on occasion I have come across Tracked items that have the standard Tracked barcode that doesn't usually require a signature, but very occasionally they've had another barcode IN ADDITION to the tracked barcode on them, the tracking barcode not requiring a signature and the other barcode asking for a signature. Anybody got any clue what that's about? Been a while since I've come across it, all I can remember is it wasn't Amazon, I think it might have been Markies but I could be making that up
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
Will that be enough of a selling point to stop companies from down grading to standards parcels as this will give what most companies want, confirmation of delivery!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Tracked is and will be scanned at every point in the pipeline.Chitchat wrote:If every parcel is scanned as standard, what would be the point in RM Tracked?
Standard parcels will only be scanned at key points.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Scanning every parcel
No because tracked is sold to bulk customers and is therefore priced on the number they send over the year, Standard Parcels are for the General Public and non bulk senders.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Scanning every parcel
But not all bulk customers use RM tracked,TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No because tracked is sold to bulk customers and is therefore priced on the number they send over the year, Standard Parcels are for the General Public and non bulk senders.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north