I would use most of this simply throwing in the regular 6+ D2D my walk gets, prepping one column per day, with two on Tuesdays... Before touching a single letter of sequenced or the parcels!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
7 Hours max
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
7 Hours max
Prep in one hour?
I would use most of this simply throwing in the regular 6+ D2D my walk gets, prepping one column per day, with two on Tuesdays... Before touching a single letter of sequenced or the parcels!

I would use most of this simply throwing in the regular 6+ D2D my walk gets, prepping one column per day, with two on Tuesdays... Before touching a single letter of sequenced or the parcels!
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1535
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
7 Hours max
Wow you're lucky then, 6 hours for Wed-Fri and 5½ for the rest. No paid meal relief. I don't do it but the mugs who need the money put up with it.
-
beezet
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 18:56
- Gender: Male
7 Hours max
3hr40 mins Delivery,
we are at least out for 5 hr delivery in our office, i want to work where you are 
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
7 Hours max
Working a day off, management tell you the rate, weekdays, time and a half, saturdays, double time. I don't do much overtime as they don't want to pay it. That's fine as I don't really want to work it.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
7 Hours max
3 hours 40 delivery.....motherhubbard wrote:I hour to prepBahia Feliz wrote:So you can prep & deliver it in 6 hours then? What about meal relief?motherhubbard wrote:We get 6 hours and you prep it yourself.
30 minutes meal relief
30 minutes redirections tie down etc
10 minutes conveyance
3 hours 40 delivery
10 minutes end of duty tasks.
Something like that.
Some duties are paid as SA so they don't attract the paid meal relief, that gives an extra 30 minutes if the duties are heavier, or further away or whatever.
If you work more than 6 hours, you claim extended.
What I don't understand is why some people think they are entitled to double pay or time and a half (or triple time?)
Is there a list up in your DOs of who is entitled to what? Is it transparent?
Aren't we all equal?
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
7 Hours max
If I was going to cover a duty that I didn't believe was achievable in the given span then I would either say beforehand that it would require extra time due to the volume of D2D (in which case the D2D would be done for me or I would be given more time to do it) or I wouldn't sign for it.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Prep in one hour?![]()
I would use most of this simply throwing in the regular 6+ D2D my walk gets, prepping one column per day, with two on Tuesdays... Before touching a single letter of sequenced or the parcels!![]()
![]()
What I wouldn't expect is to be given 7 hours work and to be paid 9 hours for doing it.
I don't see that there is a national agreement that allows you to do that.
And the people that quite happily make up their own agreements are the first to start squealing when managers start doing it.
Either we have a national union or we don't. Utilise all paid work hours I think is the wording in Pay and Mod so that is what I adhere to.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3732
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
7 Hours max
Sorry - don't understand the bit about overtime rate for weekdays and Sat - is this Surrey just having a laugh or canSurreypostie wrote:Working a day off, management tell you the rate, weekdays, time and a half, saturdays, double time. I don't do much overtime as they don't want to pay it. That's fine as I don't really want to work it.
local managers pay more than the official national O/T rate? - my O/T rate is just about the same as my
normal hourly working rate.
Can someone explain?
YB
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72760
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
7 Hours max
Officially you only get overtime rates after 39 hours whatever your contract is.
Unofficially a manager will ask you to do the overtime, but if the basic rate is not enough and the manager is desperate enough he will offer an extra hour or half hour, or even more.
As far as I know its not illegal, it is however against current agreements.
Technically I worked a leave day once, but I got it back in toil rather than overtime.
Unofficially a manager will ask you to do the overtime, but if the basic rate is not enough and the manager is desperate enough he will offer an extra hour or half hour, or even more.
As far as I know its not illegal, it is however against current agreements.
Technically I worked a leave day once, but I got it back in toil rather than overtime.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
7 Hours max
Yes they are talking about ghost overtime why would anyone do overtime without any incentive to do it? I would imagine without it why would you do it ? In my opinion they should pay a proper overtime rate
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
7 Hours max
No, I am not having a laugh, it is not ghosting either. Royal Mail want you to work overtime, that is voluntary. If they want me to do it, I tell them how much I want, if the job takes an hour, well its not worth the effort. I don't twist their arms, they don't have to pay it. We used to get premium rates for overtime, I think time and a half weekdays is fair, do an hour, get 90 minutes, double time for giving up your weekends is very fair in my opinion. the job takes 3 hours, I want 6. We live in a capitalist system, the work needs doing and I want a maximum return for my efforts. Lets face it, the fat cats at the top get a damn lot more than us and do sod all.