ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

7 Hours max

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

7 Hours max

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Prep in one hour? :left:

I would use most of this simply throwing in the regular 6+ D2D my walk gets, prepping one column per day, with two on Tuesdays... Before touching a single letter of sequenced or the parcels! :left: :left: :left:
Hitcher
Posts: 1535
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

7 Hours max

Post by Hitcher »

Wow you're lucky then, 6 hours for Wed-Fri and 5½ for the rest. No paid meal relief. I don't do it but the mugs who need the money put up with it.
beezet
Posts: 93
Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 18:56
Gender: Male

7 Hours max

Post by beezet »

3hr40 mins Delivery, :crazy: we are at least out for 5 hr delivery in our office, i want to work where you are :thumbup
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

7 Hours max

Post by Surreypostie »

Working a day off, management tell you the rate, weekdays, time and a half, saturdays, double time. I don't do much overtime as they don't want to pay it. That's fine as I don't really want to work it.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

7 Hours max

Post by daveyeff »

motherhubbard wrote:
Bahia Feliz wrote:
motherhubbard wrote:We get 6 hours and you prep it yourself.
So you can prep & deliver it in 6 hours then? What about meal relief?
I hour to prep
30 minutes meal relief
30 minutes redirections tie down etc
10 minutes conveyance
3 hours 40 delivery
10 minutes end of duty tasks.

Something like that.
Some duties are paid as SA so they don't attract the paid meal relief, that gives an extra 30 minutes if the duties are heavier, or further away or whatever.

If you work more than 6 hours, you claim extended.
What I don't understand is why some people think they are entitled to double pay or time and a half (or triple time?)
Is there a list up in your DOs of who is entitled to what? Is it transparent?
Aren't we all equal?
3 hours 40 delivery..... :Very Happy ....those were the days.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

7 Hours max

Post by motherhubbard »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Prep in one hour? :left:

I would use most of this simply throwing in the regular 6+ D2D my walk gets, prepping one column per day, with two on Tuesdays... Before touching a single letter of sequenced or the parcels! :left: :left: :left:
If I was going to cover a duty that I didn't believe was achievable in the given span then I would either say beforehand that it would require extra time due to the volume of D2D (in which case the D2D would be done for me or I would be given more time to do it) or I wouldn't sign for it.
What I wouldn't expect is to be given 7 hours work and to be paid 9 hours for doing it.
I don't see that there is a national agreement that allows you to do that.
And the people that quite happily make up their own agreements are the first to start squealing when managers start doing it.
Either we have a national union or we don't. Utilise all paid work hours I think is the wording in Pay and Mod so that is what I adhere to.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3732
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

7 Hours max

Post by yellowbelly »

Surreypostie wrote:Working a day off, management tell you the rate, weekdays, time and a half, saturdays, double time. I don't do much overtime as they don't want to pay it. That's fine as I don't really want to work it.
Sorry - don't understand the bit about overtime rate for weekdays and Sat - is this Surrey just having a laugh or can
local managers pay more than the official national O/T rate? - my O/T rate is just about the same as my
normal hourly working rate.

Can someone explain?

YB
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72760
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

7 Hours max

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Officially you only get overtime rates after 39 hours whatever your contract is.

Unofficially a manager will ask you to do the overtime, but if the basic rate is not enough and the manager is desperate enough he will offer an extra hour or half hour, or even more.

As far as I know its not illegal, it is however against current agreements.

Technically I worked a leave day once, but I got it back in toil rather than overtime.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

7 Hours max

Post by terry2972 »

Yes they are talking about ghost overtime why would anyone do overtime without any incentive to do it? I would imagine without it why would you do it ? In my opinion they should pay a proper overtime rate
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

7 Hours max

Post by Surreypostie »

No, I am not having a laugh, it is not ghosting either. Royal Mail want you to work overtime, that is voluntary. If they want me to do it, I tell them how much I want, if the job takes an hour, well its not worth the effort. I don't twist their arms, they don't have to pay it. We used to get premium rates for overtime, I think time and a half weekdays is fair, do an hour, get 90 minutes, double time for giving up your weekends is very fair in my opinion. the job takes 3 hours, I want 6. We live in a capitalist system, the work needs doing and I want a maximum return for my efforts. Lets face it, the fat cats at the top get a damn lot more than us and do sod all.