ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dealings with the IB
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
Phone the police tell them two strangers eyeing you're van up and following you then let them answer questions...
-
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
Round our way a couple of " suits " are likely to end up hogtied and hidden in a barn , even people born in the village are not considered local !!!
Think Hot Fuzz and " the greater good "......
Think Hot Fuzz and " the greater good "......
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
They burst in my office a few months ago and got two blokes and they ends a up being taken out the office in handcuffs and police van. Was apparently watching them for weeks posed as a driving instructor and learner lol
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
coxie wrote:They burst in my office a few months ago and got two blokes and they ends a up being taken out the office in handcuffs and police van. Was apparently watching them for weeks posed as a driving instructor and learner lol
-
In The Know
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
I got stopped by a Welsh IB, are they called WIB? Sorry if that came across as racist 
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
In 36 years never been stopped by them,God I wish I did!! We can have the debate that doing it how they wa
not you to do it ,safetly and securely may well take more time,please feel free to come with me and test my round!!
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
What happens if you get stopped and you don't have ID?
I lost mine last summer, got a new photo taken...still waiting.
I lost mine last summer, got a new photo taken...still waiting.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
Are you sure you don't mean Basildon Bond?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:HarryPoorer wrote:not using the trolley won't get James Bond following you!
With IB its more likely to be
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Dealings with the IB
Everywhere but at home when you want a signature.POSTMAN wrote:notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery.
It's the general public,the feckers get everywhere!
-
castra
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
I had been with RM about Two & half/three years when I was pulled some 18 months or so back. Despite repeated requests to the managers, I was not issued with an ID. The two who pulled me were sound. All was in order and they seemed fairly laid back. They automatically showed their ID without asking. When they asked for mine, I explained the situation and they weren't too interested. One just muttered something about "lazy managers".Anonymouse wrote:What happens if you get stopped and you don't have ID?
I lost mine last summer, got a new photo taken...still waiting.
As I said these two were okay. I'm sure there are plenty of a/holes who would take it further. At the end of the day, if RM haven't issued you with an ID despite you requesting one, its not really your problem, but your manager who would face the music surely.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Dealings with the IB
Never seen or spoken to one in 20 years, apart from the ones that come in and collar a tea leaf now and again. They can do checks but do the job right and you won't have a problem.Nobbylad wrote:Just wondered if anyone cared to share their dealings with the IB? I'm a postie within my first six months and sometimes notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery. I've heard lots of horror stories about them so think I'm just paranoid. I'm moved about a lot so never get to know the customers. Just wondered if they were watching me would they eventually make themselves known, ask to see ID or anything, check van or whatever? Can they be on private property or only in a public area?
Thanks in advance.