ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dealings with the IB

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by Kings Norton »

Phone the police tell them two strangers eyeing you're van up and following you then let them answer questions...
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by CAMPINGBLUNDERER »

Round our way a couple of " suits " are likely to end up hogtied and hidden in a barn , even people born in the village are not considered local !!!

Think Hot Fuzz and " the greater good "......
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by coxie »

They burst in my office a few months ago and got two blokes and they ends a up being taken out the office in handcuffs and police van. Was apparently watching them for weeks posed as a driving instructor and learner lol
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by Anonymouse »

coxie wrote:They burst in my office a few months ago and got two blokes and they ends a up being taken out the office in handcuffs and police van. Was apparently watching them for weeks posed as a driving instructor and learner lol
:chuckle
In The Know
Posts: 50
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by In The Know »

I got stopped by a Welsh IB, are they called WIB? Sorry if that came across as racist :pray
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by robbertwhitton »

In 36 years never been stopped by them,God I wish I did!! We can have the debate that doing it how they wa :dance not you to do it ,safetly and securely may well take more time,please feel free to come with me and test my round!!
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by Anonymouse »

What happens if you get stopped and you don't have ID?
I lost mine last summer, got a new photo taken...still waiting.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by greengiant »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
HarryPoorer wrote:not using the trolley won't get James Bond following you! :Very Happy

With IB its more likely to be Image
Are you sure you don't mean Basildon Bond?



:crazy:
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Dealings with the IB

Post by Lounge Lizard »

POSTMAN wrote:notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery.

It's the general public,the feckers get everywhere! :nervous
Everywhere but at home when you want a signature. :crazy:
castra
Posts: 23
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by castra »

Anonymouse wrote:What happens if you get stopped and you don't have ID?
I lost mine last summer, got a new photo taken...still waiting.
I had been with RM about Two & half/three years when I was pulled some 18 months or so back. Despite repeated requests to the managers, I was not issued with an ID. The two who pulled me were sound. All was in order and they seemed fairly laid back. They automatically showed their ID without asking. When they asked for mine, I explained the situation and they weren't too interested. One just muttered something about "lazy managers".

As I said these two were okay. I'm sure there are plenty of a/holes who would take it further. At the end of the day, if RM haven't issued you with an ID despite you requesting one, its not really your problem, but your manager who would face the music surely.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Dealings with the IB

Post by OnAFlyer »

Nobbylad wrote:Just wondered if anyone cared to share their dealings with the IB? I'm a postie within my first six months and sometimes notice people acting/ positioned strangely whilst out on delivery. I've heard lots of horror stories about them so think I'm just paranoid. I'm moved about a lot so never get to know the customers. Just wondered if they were watching me would they eventually make themselves known, ask to see ID or anything, check van or whatever? Can they be on private property or only in a public area?

Thanks in advance.
Never seen or spoken to one in 20 years, apart from the ones that come in and collar a tea leaf now and again. They can do checks but do the job right and you won't have a problem.