ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ThatsNotPlumb
Posts: 165
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by ThatsNotPlumb »

It's not really 'odd', the guy maybe just has a mild case of OCD in which simple stuff might irritate him, for him to even ask you it must have been distressing him so the fact that you were pisstaking probably contributed to his little outburst. I wouldn't report it to your DOM because I mean what are you going to say? "I was making a mug out of my partner about his 'ocd' & he told me to f**k off", hardly a case is it if he'd any sense he'd tell you both to grow up.

If it were me personally, I'd put them the other way around. Going to take no extra effort on your part & it will keep him/her happy. :thumbup
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by 19times »

ThatsNotPlumb wrote:It's not really 'odd', the guy maybe just has a mild case of OCD in which simple stuff might irritate him, for him to even ask you it must have been distressing him so the fact that you were pisstaking probably contributed to his little outburst. I wouldn't report it to your DOM because I mean what are you going to say? "I was making a mug out of my partner about his 'ocd' & he told me to f**k off", hardly a case is it if he'd any sense he'd tell you both to grow up.

If it were me personally, I'd put them the other way around. Going to take no extra effort on your part & it will keep him/her happy. :thumbup
Bloody hell mate, you his brother :Very Happy going over old ground but as everyone say's he does need to lighten up seriously, it was hardly mega pisstaking. I didn't mention the fact that he has a little previous which I believe he's on a warning for hence I was going to mention this disagreement to the boss in case it escalated.

He was extra nice today anyway which leads me to believe he's seen what a dick he was about it and me being a nice bloke I turned them around for him too.

I can't really get it though If truth be told but then I am pretty laid back about most things in general.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by DB1100 »

It could be something going off in his home life,wife ill or something like that,or he might be a vet with a mild case of PTSD,you could inadvertantly be doing lots of little thing's wrong that are building up,cut him some slack and try and sort it out without grassing him up to the screws
For we were soldiers once,and young
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by 19times »

DB1100 wrote:It could be something going off in his home life,wife ill or something like that,or he might be a vet with a mild case of PTSD,you could inadvertantly be doing lots of little thing's wrong that are building up,cut him some slack and try and sort it out without grassing him up to the screws
Drawn a line under it now as I said he was ok today and it wasn't a case of being a grass just that he's been involved in a past altercation shall we say and I didn't want to go down that route myself over this!

Done, we move on. :nana
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by steve1873 »

19times wrote:
wannabeek wrote:Personally, I'd just do it how he wants it. It must really bother him for whatever reason to have made him mention it to you. You've got to work with this guy and it's probably zero extra effort on your part to plonk them on the frame the 'right' way up before you start putting them in. I've worked with a great many fussy types and some arguments are just not worth having, in my opinion.
I agreed to do it 'his' way as he asked however he took exception to my final word on the matter which went like, I'll do it that way mate I don't want the animal to upset you, at this point he told me to shut my mouth didn't see that coming to be honest :crazy:

The thing is I have already prepped the weeks due to some spare time today and I told him I aint turning them the 'right' way now but I future I'll try to.

Crazy stuff.
I would start putting random letters in his loops upside down tbh. :chuckle
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by wannabeek »

There's a guy I occasionally work with who preps every magazine upside down. Every letter faces normally but every magazine is 'wrong'.

I've never mentioned it, it's just a thing he does and he's never asked me to prep my flats upside down either. Its plastic-wrapped ones too, so it's not to do with how they fit in the slots

Each to their own, eh. This is just one of the many reasons why van share doesn't work, IMO.
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 76
Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by Ralph Wiggum »

IMO id tell hime to **** off, get a grip, go moan about sumthing else. If he still not happy, he can prep them for you in his own time!!

LOSER!!!
dennyboycox
Posts: 56
Joined: 29 Jun 2014, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by dennyboycox »

take them off him and slap him with them
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by NWpostie »

I wouldn't allow myself to spoken in an agressive manner whatever the reason, I'm very robust about that, I would refuse to co operate until he starts speaking civilly to me as well as an apology, I've had a few run ins with work colleagues over the way they speak to me and make it clear I won't tolerate it and if they persist I would take it further to the Union and DOM, I'm not prepared to put up with in my work place as I wouldn't put up with it outside.

"You've got enemies ? Good, that meant you stood up for something on your life" - Winston Churchill.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by Nondescript »

DB1100 wrote: Yeah,that's what I thought as well,I like the open bit to the bottom.
Fnarr Fnarr, chortle chortle etc. :left:
m456an
Posts: 12
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 11:35
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by m456an »

OCD statistics

It's estimated around 12 in every 1,000 people in the UK are affected by the condition. This equates to almost 750,000 people.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

m456an wrote:OCD statistics

It's estimated around 12 in every 1,000 people in the UK are affected by the condition. This equates to almost 750,000 people.
or around 1620 posties
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Garshin
Posts: 54
Joined: 29 Oct 2011, 09:27
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by Garshin »

motherhubbard wrote:What animals?
Some animals, bats for example, prefer to be upside down.
Yes and some animals like to hide. Under Virgin crp for eg.