If it were me personally, I'd put them the other way around. Going to take no extra effort on your part & it will keep him/her happy.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How would you Deal with this 'issue'
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
It's not really 'odd', the guy maybe just has a mild case of OCD in which simple stuff might irritate him, for him to even ask you it must have been distressing him so the fact that you were pisstaking probably contributed to his little outburst. I wouldn't report it to your DOM because I mean what are you going to say? "I was making a mug out of my partner about his 'ocd' & he told me to f**k off", hardly a case is it if he'd any sense he'd tell you both to grow up.
If it were me personally, I'd put them the other way around. Going to take no extra effort on your part & it will keep him/her happy.
If it were me personally, I'd put them the other way around. Going to take no extra effort on your part & it will keep him/her happy.
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Bloody hell mate, you his brotherThatsNotPlumb wrote:It's not really 'odd', the guy maybe just has a mild case of OCD in which simple stuff might irritate him, for him to even ask you it must have been distressing him so the fact that you were pisstaking probably contributed to his little outburst. I wouldn't report it to your DOM because I mean what are you going to say? "I was making a mug out of my partner about his 'ocd' & he told me to f**k off", hardly a case is it if he'd any sense he'd tell you both to grow up.
If it were me personally, I'd put them the other way around. Going to take no extra effort on your part & it will keep him/her happy.
He was extra nice today anyway which leads me to believe he's seen what a dick he was about it and me being a nice bloke I turned them around for him too.
I can't really get it though If truth be told but then I am pretty laid back about most things in general.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
It could be something going off in his home life,wife ill or something like that,or he might be a vet with a mild case of PTSD,you could inadvertantly be doing lots of little thing's wrong that are building up,cut him some slack and try and sort it out without grassing him up to the screws
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Drawn a line under it now as I said he was ok today and it wasn't a case of being a grass just that he's been involved in a past altercation shall we say and I didn't want to go down that route myself over this!DB1100 wrote:It could be something going off in his home life,wife ill or something like that,or he might be a vet with a mild case of PTSD,you could inadvertantly be doing lots of little thing's wrong that are building up,cut him some slack and try and sort it out without grassing him up to the screws
Done, we move on.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
I would start putting random letters in his loops upside down tbh.19times wrote:I agreed to do it 'his' way as he asked however he took exception to my final word on the matter which went like, I'll do it that way mate I don't want the animal to upset you, at this point he told me to shut my mouth didn't see that coming to be honestwannabeek wrote:Personally, I'd just do it how he wants it. It must really bother him for whatever reason to have made him mention it to you. You've got to work with this guy and it's probably zero extra effort on your part to plonk them on the frame the 'right' way up before you start putting them in. I've worked with a great many fussy types and some arguments are just not worth having, in my opinion.![]()
The thing is I have already prepped the weeks due to some spare time today and I told him I aint turning them the 'right' way now but I future I'll try to.
Crazy stuff.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
There's a guy I occasionally work with who preps every magazine upside down. Every letter faces normally but every magazine is 'wrong'.
I've never mentioned it, it's just a thing he does and he's never asked me to prep my flats upside down either. Its plastic-wrapped ones too, so it's not to do with how they fit in the slots
Each to their own, eh. This is just one of the many reasons why van share doesn't work, IMO.
I've never mentioned it, it's just a thing he does and he's never asked me to prep my flats upside down either. Its plastic-wrapped ones too, so it's not to do with how they fit in the slots
Each to their own, eh. This is just one of the many reasons why van share doesn't work, IMO.
-
Ralph Wiggum
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
IMO id tell hime to **** off, get a grip, go moan about sumthing else. If he still not happy, he can prep them for you in his own time!!
LOSER!!!
LOSER!!!
-
dennyboycox
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 29 Jun 2014, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
take them off him and slap him with them
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
I wouldn't allow myself to spoken in an agressive manner whatever the reason, I'm very robust about that, I would refuse to co operate until he starts speaking civilly to me as well as an apology, I've had a few run ins with work colleagues over the way they speak to me and make it clear I won't tolerate it and if they persist I would take it further to the Union and DOM, I'm not prepared to put up with in my work place as I wouldn't put up with it outside.
"You've got enemies ? Good, that meant you stood up for something on your life" - Winston Churchill.
"You've got enemies ? Good, that meant you stood up for something on your life" - Winston Churchill.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Fnarr Fnarr, chortle chortle etc.DB1100 wrote: Yeah,that's what I thought as well,I like the open bit to the bottom.
-
m456an
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
OCD statistics
It's estimated around 12 in every 1,000 people in the UK are affected by the condition. This equates to almost 750,000 people.
It's estimated around 12 in every 1,000 people in the UK are affected by the condition. This equates to almost 750,000 people.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
or around 1620 postiesm456an wrote:OCD statistics
It's estimated around 12 in every 1,000 people in the UK are affected by the condition. This equates to almost 750,000 people.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Garshin
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 29 Oct 2011, 09:27
- Gender: Male
Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'
Yes and some animals like to hide. Under Virgin crp for eg.motherhubbard wrote:What animals?
Some animals, bats for example, prefer to be upside down.