To get the 2 January as a non service day for Scotland they would have had to ask permission. The reason they gave for 26th Dec was that there is expected to be very little mail either needing collection or delivery. Unfortunately as England will be working on the Saturday, Sunday and Monday then there will be a lot of traffic. DO I agree with RMs decision not to ask, no, but I think its daft to blame the Union.
The Saturday is a normal working day England will be working it, if Scotland did as well then they should get the Monday off, but as they have the Saturday off as a bank holiday, that would mean getting a non service day on the Monday would mean an extra day off.
Do any Scottish colleagues remember what happened in 2009 that's the last time this happened.
PS I don't think a day off is worth getting angry about, especially when people are just discussing it on here, and ultimately no-one on RMC can make any difference to the decision thats already been made.
