The lithium-ion battery on my superdoper Samsung galaxy doesn't last anything like as long as when I first got it,down to about half a day now,whereas before it lasted a whole day with some spare and it's only 2 years old.toomuchcoke wrote:Well I would hope, like every consumer smartphone on the marketplace, the new PDAs would have a lithium-ion battery and not nickel-cadmium! i.e. no "memory effect" so short charging would have no effect on the battery life. Yes, lithium-ion have a limited number of charge cycles but that's not affected by short charging - discharging a lithium ion battery from 100% to 90%, charging it back up up to 100% and repeating 10x would have the same effect on battery life as discharging from 100% to 0% and charging back up to 100%.DB1100 wrote:I'm not holding my breath for these new PDA's I think it will be age's before we,at the sharp end get them also this constant short charging wrecks the batteries
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Parcels are changing letter
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Parcels are changing letter
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcels are changing letter
Will the new PDAs be "Postie Proof"? Will I be able to reverse over one and still have it work (I've done that to one of the current PDAs
) I expect not! 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Parcels are changing letter
The best thing that can happen is we keep our own pda and no-one else uses it, cuts down on the bacteria etc. 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcels are changing letter
How many things have they added onto us in recent years that ''only takes a minute''?
We literally have to keep going non stop to get everything done and even then it can be a struggle.
We literally have to keep going non stop to get everything done and even then it can be a struggle.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcels are changing letter
What are you doing with your PDA 5plus......... Licking it?5plusbonusball wrote:The best thing that can happen is we keep our own pda and no-one else uses it, cuts down on the bacteria etc.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Parcels are changing letter
If I see another york of packets I swear I'm going to go postal, I'd rather deliver a bag of letters than drive around for 2 hours trying to get rid of packets. 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcels are changing letter
And all those letters and parcels5plusbonusball wrote:The best thing that can happen is we keep our own pda and no-one else uses it, cuts down on the bacteria etc.
