ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcels are changing letter

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Parcels are changing letter

Post by DB1100 »

toomuchcoke wrote:
DB1100 wrote:I'm not holding my breath for these new PDA's I think it will be age's before we,at the sharp end get them also this constant short charging wrecks the batteries
Well I would hope, like every consumer smartphone on the marketplace, the new PDAs would have a lithium-ion battery and not nickel-cadmium! i.e. no "memory effect" so short charging would have no effect on the battery life. Yes, lithium-ion have a limited number of charge cycles but that's not affected by short charging - discharging a lithium ion battery from 100% to 90%, charging it back up up to 100% and repeating 10x would have the same effect on battery life as discharging from 100% to 0% and charging back up to 100%.
The lithium-ion battery on my superdoper Samsung galaxy doesn't last anything like as long as when I first got it,down to about half a day now,whereas before it lasted a whole day with some spare and it's only 2 years old.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Parcels are changing letter

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Will the new PDAs be "Postie Proof"? Will I be able to reverse over one and still have it work (I've done that to one of the current PDAs :Very Happy ) I expect not! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Parcels are changing letter

Post by 5plusbonusball »

The best thing that can happen is we keep our own pda and no-one else uses it, cuts down on the bacteria etc. :Sick
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Parcels are changing letter

Post by Acca Dacca »

How many things have they added onto us in recent years that ''only takes a minute''?

We literally have to keep going non stop to get everything done and even then it can be a struggle.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Parcels are changing letter

Post by Dorset Plodder »

5plusbonusball wrote:The best thing that can happen is we keep our own pda and no-one else uses it, cuts down on the bacteria etc. :Sick
What are you doing with your PDA 5plus......... Licking it? :shock:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Parcels are changing letter

Post by DGP1 »

If I see another york of packets I swear I'm going to go postal, I'd rather deliver a bag of letters than drive around for 2 hours trying to get rid of packets. :evil/mad
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: Parcels are changing letter

Post by CharlesSpooner »

5plusbonusball wrote:The best thing that can happen is we keep our own pda and no-one else uses it, cuts down on the bacteria etc. :Sick
And all those letters and parcels :shock: Covered in other people's bacteria :Sick The door handles! The steering wheels! The keys and log books :pray

Image