ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Winter Gloves!
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Winter Gloves!
Gloves! I just use cheap hand cream as a barrier, some guys wear gloves while still wearing their shorts! 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Winter Gloves!
shorts in winter = arthritis in a few years time? Thermal long johns under your troosers ftw!5plusbonusball wrote:Gloves! I just use cheap hand cream as a barrier, some guys wear gloves while still wearing their shorts!
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Winter Gloves!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Hatch-Spe ... 3641.l6368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've been using these over winter, not waterproof, but they're tactile enough to still be able to filter through a bundle, which is the key concern when wearing gloves.
I've been using these over winter, not waterproof, but they're tactile enough to still be able to filter through a bundle, which is the key concern when wearing gloves.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Winter Gloves!
Yeah, I do a lot of OT and if I'm going to be out walking around for 8 hours in the cold and wet I like to be comfortable. It's only the equivalent of working a normal day off one time to get nice gloves which will last a couple of years.bustedflush wrote:£50!!!!!!!!!!wannabeek wrote:If money is no object then I'd recommend these:
http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/gloves/spor ... oves-olive
Toasty warm and waterproof, yet give you a free finger to separate the soggy letters while on delivery.
You must get a fair bit of docket...
I'd better not admit what my raincoat cost me. It's actually waterproof, unlike the RM rubbish!
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1535
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Winter Gloves!
I use these -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNOWBEE-LIGHT ... 56790d16d9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNOWBEE-LIGHT ... 56790d16d9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Re: Winter Gloves!
Thank you. I've just ordered some. Will see how I get on with these before investigating the Sealskins ones.Hitcher wrote:I use these -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNOWBEE-LIGHT ... 56790d16d9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Winter Gloves!
Royal Mail fingerless gloves are pretty good in my opinion though I did know someone who used a proper glove on the hand holding the mail bundle. Have a proper breakfast and wear a hat and you should be okay... your manager will likely tell you to work faster 
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Re: Winter Gloves!
I'm a fast walker so hopefully I'll be ok!Decky Boy wrote:Royal Mail fingerless gloves are pretty good in my opinion though I did know someone who used a proper glove on the hand holding the mail bundle. Have a proper breakfast and wear a hat and you should be okay... your manager will likely tell you to work faster
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Winter Gloves!
Plus if you're doing a trolley round with a long push to the start and/or from the finish, then have a pair of winter gloves for those bits. Swap to the fingerless gloves when you start delivery and swap back to the full finger gloves for the return.Decky Boy wrote:Royal Mail fingerless gloves are pretty good in my opinion though I did know someone who used a proper glove on the hand holding the mail bundle. Have a proper breakfast and wear a hat and you should be okay... your manager will likely tell you to work faster
My tip for any driving a Vauxhall Combo would be hang 3 sacks over the cage section. Then most of the heater output stays in the cab section and doesn't escape so rapidly when you open the back!
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Re: Winter Gloves!
They arrived today and look great but I might order some Sealskins too!peshwaarinaan wrote:Thank you. I've just ordered some. Will see how I get on with these before investigating the Sealskins ones.Hitcher wrote:I use these -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNOWBEE-LIGHT ... 56790d16d9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
UsernameAlreadyInUse
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 06 Jul 2015, 00:10
- Gender: Female
Re: Winter Gloves!
_________________________________________________________________________peshwaarinaan wrote:They arrived today and look great but I might order some Sealskins too!peshwaarinaan wrote:Thank you. I've just ordered some. Will see how I get on with these before investigating the Sealskins ones.Hitcher wrote:I use these -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNOWBEE-LIGHT ... 56790d16d9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It sounds like you have the same problem as me with cold hands/fingers so, trust me, if you have even one finger exposed during a cold Winter's day, it will feel like it's dropping off after a couple of hours outside. I have tried almost every type of glove in existence, even ones with wires in them and batteries to heat the gloves up. Nothing has worked. I am definitely going to order those Sealskinz ones right now.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Winter Gloves!
I bought a similar pair of gloves from Aldi last year (neoprene fishing gloves). Didn't last long at all as the constant holding of handrails while going up and down stairs, opening gates etc put holes in the material after a couple of weeks.peshwaarinaan wrote:They arrived today and look great but I might order some Sealskins too!peshwaarinaan wrote:Thank you. I've just ordered some. Will see how I get on with these before investigating the Sealskins ones.Hitcher wrote:I use these -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNOWBEE-LIGHT ... 56790d16d9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
blue90
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 13 Jun 2013, 21:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Winter Gloves!
I got these http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/gloves/ultr ... oves-black" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; last winter and they were incredible. I also cand stand cold hands during my walk, especially when it's freezing cold and raining. These were a godsend though not cheap.
-
blue90
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 13 Jun 2013, 21:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Winter Gloves!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sealskinz-Ult ... 541298d7be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; cheaper price here.