ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are there many jobs more tiring?
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
-
cyrus
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
You must have one piss easy walk, if you found working in a clothes shop tiring.OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
I'm wondering if quite a few work in laid back DO's?
Last summer we only lapsed one walk on a Tuesday and had at least 2 easy days a week and I enjoyed the job.
I don't think I've had more than 2 easy days over the last 3/4 months as they have loaded more and more lapsing to our walks. Our DO is split and there is even a huge difference between the other areas with one of them being a lot less loaded than the others. We had to bring back our last loop today as not a hope of finishing within our time.
Last summer we only lapsed one walk on a Tuesday and had at least 2 easy days a week and I enjoyed the job.
I don't think I've had more than 2 easy days over the last 3/4 months as they have loaded more and more lapsing to our walks. Our DO is split and there is even a huge difference between the other areas with one of them being a lot less loaded than the others. We had to bring back our last loop today as not a hope of finishing within our time.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
Try standing in a shop for 8 hours with nothing to do but help the odd customer or fold jumpers - you'd soon change your mind. It's so boring the days last forever, as a postie the working day flies.cyrus wrote:You must have one piss easy walk, if you found working in a clothes shop tiring.OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
Mentally tiring maybe, but not physically tiring.OnAFlyer wrote:Try standing in a shop for 8 hours with nothing to do but help the odd customer or fold jumpers - you'd soon change your mind. It's so boring the days last forever, as a postie the working day flies.cyrus wrote:You must have one piss easy walk, if you found working in a clothes shop tiring.OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
Mentally tiring maybe, but not physically tiring.OnAFlyer wrote:Try standing in a shop for 8 hours with nothing to do but help the odd customer or fold jumpers - you'd soon change your mind. It's so boring the days last forever, as a postie the working day flies.cyrus wrote:You must have one piss easy walk, if you found working in a clothes shop tiring.OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
cyrus
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
Nah, I wouldn't change my mind because. I done it for years, it's not tiring just boring.OnAFlyer wrote:Try standing in a shop for 8 hours with nothing to do but help the odd customer or fold jumpers - you'd soon change your mind. It's so boring the days last forever, as a postie the working day flies.cyrus wrote:You must have one piss easy walk, if you found working in a clothes shop tiring.OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
-
bandit1157
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
- Gender: Male
- Location: sh1t street
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm9o_9goUAM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop
It's life Jim but not as we know it
-
Gilly856
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
Looking back at your post history, pretty much every single post you make is saying how much of a ''piece of piss'' our job is. No matter what thread it is you make the same comment.Gilly856 wrote:Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
You're a troll and probably not even a postie.
And if you ARE - count yourself lucky your one of the few with a great walk. Not everyone is the same.
But you aren't a postie.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
cyrus
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
Then why don't you tell us the length of your walk.How many loops,how many flats,how many calls etc.Gilly856 wrote:Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
Careful, he's a live one. An original internet ironman, he was in 'Nam back in 66, and he chucked the first flash bang in the Iranian embassy siege too. Not to mention his "romping" for hours on end with other presumably big burly men.Acca Dacca wrote:Looking back at your post history, pretty much every single post you make is saying how much of a ''piece of piss'' our job is. No matter what thread it is you make the same comment.Gilly856 wrote:Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
You're a troll and probably not even a postie.
And if you ARE - count yourself lucky your one of the few with a great walk. Not everyone is the same.
But you aren't a postie.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
Birming-nam 
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Gilly856
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
I am a postie and I find it easy with plenty of time to do extra, with my lack of seniority but not in age I do not have an easy walk as I am a reserve who does different walks daily and weekly .Acca Dacca wrote:Looking back at your post history, pretty much every single post you make is saying how much of a ''piece of piss'' our job is. No matter what thread it is you make the same comment.Gilly856 wrote:Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
You're a troll and probably not even a postie.
And if you ARE - count yourself lucky your one of the few with a great walk. Not everyone is the same.
But you aren't a postie.
-
Gilly856
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?
As a reserve do you all or just a cross section.cyrus wrote:Then why don't you tell us the length of your walk.How many loops,how many flats,how many calls etc.Gilly856 wrote:Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.