ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Are there many jobs more tiring?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by OnAFlyer »

I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
cyrus
Posts: 215
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by cyrus »

OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
You must have one piss easy walk, if you found working in a clothes shop tiring.
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by jimmynailsalive »

I'm wondering if quite a few work in laid back DO's?

Last summer we only lapsed one walk on a Tuesday and had at least 2 easy days a week and I enjoyed the job.

I don't think I've had more than 2 easy days over the last 3/4 months as they have loaded more and more lapsing to our walks. Our DO is split and there is even a huge difference between the other areas with one of them being a lot less loaded than the others. We had to bring back our last loop today as not a hope of finishing within our time. :crazy:
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by OnAFlyer »

cyrus wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
You must have one piss easy walk, if you found working in a clothes shop tiring.
Try standing in a shop for 8 hours with nothing to do but help the odd customer or fold jumpers - you'd soon change your mind. It's so boring the days last forever, as a postie the working day flies.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Acca Dacca »

OnAFlyer wrote:
cyrus wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
You must have one piss easy walk, if you found working in a clothes shop tiring.
Try standing in a shop for 8 hours with nothing to do but help the odd customer or fold jumpers - you'd soon change your mind. It's so boring the days last forever, as a postie the working day flies.
Mentally tiring maybe, but not physically tiring.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Acca Dacca »

OnAFlyer wrote:
cyrus wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
You must have one piss easy walk, if you found working in a clothes shop tiring.
Try standing in a shop for 8 hours with nothing to do but help the odd customer or fold jumpers - you'd soon change your mind. It's so boring the days last forever, as a postie the working day flies.
Mentally tiring maybe, but not physically tiring.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
cyrus
Posts: 215
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by cyrus »

OnAFlyer wrote:
cyrus wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
You must have one piss easy walk, if you found working in a clothes shop tiring.
Try standing in a shop for 8 hours with nothing to do but help the odd customer or fold jumpers - you'd soon change your mind. It's so boring the days last forever, as a postie the working day flies.
Nah, I wouldn't change my mind because. I done it for years, it's not tiring just boring.
bandit1157
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
Gender: Male
Location: sh1t street

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by bandit1157 »

OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm9o_9goUAM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's life Jim but not as we know it
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Gilly856 »

Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Acca Dacca »

Gilly856 wrote:Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
Looking back at your post history, pretty much every single post you make is saying how much of a ''piece of piss'' our job is. No matter what thread it is you make the same comment.

You're a troll and probably not even a postie.

And if you ARE - count yourself lucky your one of the few with a great walk. Not everyone is the same.

But you aren't a postie.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
cyrus
Posts: 215
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by cyrus »

Gilly856 wrote:Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
Then why don't you tell us the length of your walk.How many loops,how many flats,how many calls etc.
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Nondescript »

Acca Dacca wrote:
Gilly856 wrote:Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
Looking back at your post history, pretty much every single post you make is saying how much of a ''piece of piss'' our job is. No matter what thread it is you make the same comment.

You're a troll and probably not even a postie.

And if you ARE - count yourself lucky your one of the few with a great walk. Not everyone is the same.

But you aren't a postie.
Careful, he's a live one. An original internet ironman, he was in 'Nam back in 66, and he chucked the first flash bang in the Iranian embassy siege too. Not to mention his "romping" for hours on end with other presumably big burly men. :thumbup
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Birming-nam :hmmmm
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Gilly856 »

Acca Dacca wrote:
Gilly856 wrote:Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
Looking back at your post history, pretty much every single post you make is saying how much of a ''piece of piss'' our job is. No matter what thread it is you make the same comment.

You're a troll and probably not even a postie.

And if you ARE - count yourself lucky your one of the few with a great walk. Not everyone is the same.

But you aren't a postie.
I am a postie and I find it easy with plenty of time to do extra, with my lack of seniority but not in age I do not have an easy walk as I am a reserve who does different walks daily and weekly . :cuppa
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Gilly856 »

cyrus wrote:
Gilly856 wrote:Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
Then why don't you tell us the length of your walk.How many loops,how many flats,how many calls etc.
As a reserve do you all or just a cross section.