ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I went to work early today
-
lilymccafferty
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 15:30
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
Try now and go around staff who beg to work there day off is that not doing more harm than early starters it's doing away with employment plus floater is moved to suit them or are you one of the say as I do bragade
-
kitkatchunky
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
We have people coming in 1 hour early & take d2d home to prep
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: I went to work early today
No it isn't doing more damage as Royal Mail are paying the cost of people working their day off. So whilst it is potentially preventing more employment, it is vastly different to people giving their labour to RM free of charge!lilymccafferty wrote:Try now and go around staff who beg to work there day off is that not doing more harm than early starters it's doing away with employment plus floater is moved to suit them or are you one of the say as I do bragade
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: I went to work early today
Working early and without break is bad idea for us. But I can't see anything wrong in working on floating week off occassionally as it will allow people to earn more money to buy something nice or pay for holiday.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
is that allowed taking d2d home to prepkitkatchunky wrote:We have people coming in 1 hour early & take d2d home to prep
-
Flashman_
- Posts: 363
- Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 00:08
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
In my office lately many people start early in order to rush around and finish early. Last Saturday I looked at the signing on sheet after I got back to the office, on my due time. Around 50% of people had come in early. Some by an Hour, one particular person then managed to finish 3 hours before his official finish time. many others were finishing 1 or 2 hours early.
Even on the lightest days my job is hard to complete in the time I have, so it frustrates and annoys me that this situation goes on. If those that can finish so early have such easy rounds they should be used to help others before they go home. I bet they would not rush around if they had to go back out to help struggling walks. It amazes me that management allow this, given that "job and finish" was supposed to have ended years ago.
Even on the lightest days my job is hard to complete in the time I have, so it frustrates and annoys me that this situation goes on. If those that can finish so early have such easy rounds they should be used to help others before they go home. I bet they would not rush around if they had to go back out to help struggling walks. It amazes me that management allow this, given that "job and finish" was supposed to have ended years ago.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
Lol. So they do that crap at your office too. Yup, they try to turn starting early into a positive thing and isolate anyone who isn't a "team player". Arseholes.borgpicard wrote:Same in my office, not got a clue, the so called team players
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
We get up early enough. Get up even earlier, for the sake of a little earlier finish? Who'd do that? 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: I went to work early today
Noaiden01 wrote:is that allowed taking d2d home to prepkitkatchunky wrote:We have people coming in 1 hour early & take d2d home to prep![]()
D2Ds are classed as live mail. Taking live mail home is a sackable offence.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: I went to work early today
yes i would report people taking them homeTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Noaiden01 wrote:is that allowed taking d2d home to prepkitkatchunky wrote:We have people coming in 1 hour early & take d2d home to prep![]()
D2Ds are classed as live mail. Taking live mail home is a sackable offence.
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
Just goes to show that management tactics of divide and conquer is working.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: I went to work early today
you would have to be an idiot to take them homemasterblaster wrote:Just goes to show that management tactics of divide and conquer is working.
-
kitkatchunky
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Noaiden01 wrote:is that allowed taking d2d home to prepkitkatchunky wrote:We have people coming in 1 hour early & take d2d home to prep![]()
D2Ds are classed as live mail. Taking live mail home is a sackable offence.
The dom turns a blind eye.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: I went to work early today
Personally I think Saturday should still be looked at separately from normal midweek days as many people have weddings, football matches etc and there is an unwritten rule that you and your mate can come in early to finish early if you have something important on and can't get the annual leave to cover it.Flashman_ wrote:In my office lately many people start early in order to rush around and finish early. Last Saturday I looked at the signing on sheet after I got back to the office, on my due time. Around 50% of people had come in early. Some by an Hour, one particular person then managed to finish 3 hours before his official finish time. many others were finishing 1 or 2 hours early.
Even on the lightest days my job is hard to complete in the time I have, so it frustrates and annoys me that this situation goes on. If those that can finish so early have such easy rounds they should be used to help others before they go home. I bet they would not rush around if they had to go back out to help struggling walks. It amazes me that management allow this, given that "job and finish" was supposed to have ended years ago.
Would be really disappointed if someone feels we should treat saturday as a normal day as one of the last perks we still have is getting away early on a saturday.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: I went to work early today
No doubt he does. But then so did one manager until IB started a covert examination of one of his posties and when they raided his home he had that weeks D2D on the table. The manager certainly had a few awkward questions to answer when RM became aware it was common practice.kitkatchunky wrote:TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Noaiden01 wrote:is that allowed taking d2d home to prepkitkatchunky wrote:We have people coming in 1 hour early & take d2d home to prep![]()
D2Ds are classed as live mail. Taking live mail home is a sackable offence.
The dom turns a blind eye.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.