ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I went to work early today

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
lilymccafferty
Posts: 16
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 15:30
Gender: Male

Re: I went to work early today

Post by lilymccafferty »

Try now and go around staff who beg to work there day off is that not doing more harm than early starters it's doing away with employment plus floater is moved to suit them or are you one of the say as I do bragade
kitkatchunky
Posts: 217
Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: I went to work early today

Post by kitkatchunky »

We have people coming in 1 hour early & take d2d home to prep
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Re: I went to work early today

Post by steve1873 »

lilymccafferty wrote:Try now and go around staff who beg to work there day off is that not doing more harm than early starters it's doing away with employment plus floater is moved to suit them or are you one of the say as I do bragade
No it isn't doing more damage as Royal Mail are paying the cost of people working their day off. So whilst it is potentially preventing more employment, it is vastly different to people giving their labour to RM free of charge!
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: I went to work early today

Post by Darren Bent »

Working early and without break is bad idea for us. But I can't see anything wrong in working on floating week off occassionally as it will allow people to earn more money to buy something nice or pay for holiday.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: I went to work early today

Post by aiden01 »

kitkatchunky wrote:We have people coming in 1 hour early & take d2d home to prep
is that allowed taking d2d home to prep :hmmmm :hmmmm
Flashman_
Posts: 363
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 00:08
Gender: Male

Re: I went to work early today

Post by Flashman_ »

In my office lately many people start early in order to rush around and finish early. Last Saturday I looked at the signing on sheet after I got back to the office, on my due time. Around 50% of people had come in early. Some by an Hour, one particular person then managed to finish 3 hours before his official finish time. many others were finishing 1 or 2 hours early.
Even on the lightest days my job is hard to complete in the time I have, so it frustrates and annoys me that this situation goes on. If those that can finish so early have such easy rounds they should be used to help others before they go home. I bet they would not rush around if they had to go back out to help struggling walks. It amazes me that management allow this, given that "job and finish" was supposed to have ended years ago.
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: I went to work early today

Post by Nondescript »

borgpicard wrote:Same in my office, not got a clue, the so called team players
Lol. So they do that crap at your office too. Yup, they try to turn starting early into a positive thing and isolate anyone who isn't a "team player". Arseholes. :crazy:
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: I went to work early today

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

We get up early enough. Get up even earlier, for the sake of a little earlier finish? Who'd do that? :chuckle
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: I went to work early today

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

aiden01 wrote:
kitkatchunky wrote:We have people coming in 1 hour early & take d2d home to prep
is that allowed taking d2d home to prep :hmmmm :hmmmm
No

D2Ds are classed as live mail. Taking live mail home is a sackable offence.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: I went to work early today

Post by arnold cheshire »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
kitkatchunky wrote:We have people coming in 1 hour early & take d2d home to prep
is that allowed taking d2d home to prep :hmmmm :hmmmm
No

D2Ds are classed as live mail. Taking live mail home is a sackable offence.
yes i would report people taking them home
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Re: I went to work early today

Post by masterblaster »

Just goes to show that management tactics of divide and conquer is working.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: I went to work early today

Post by arnold cheshire »

masterblaster wrote:Just goes to show that management tactics of divide and conquer is working.
you would have to be an idiot to take them home
kitkatchunky
Posts: 217
Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: I went to work early today

Post by kitkatchunky »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
kitkatchunky wrote:We have people coming in 1 hour early & take d2d home to prep
is that allowed taking d2d home to prep :hmmmm :hmmmm
No

D2Ds are classed as live mail. Taking live mail home is a sackable offence.

The dom turns a blind eye.
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: I went to work early today

Post by jimmynailsalive »

Flashman_ wrote:In my office lately many people start early in order to rush around and finish early. Last Saturday I looked at the signing on sheet after I got back to the office, on my due time. Around 50% of people had come in early. Some by an Hour, one particular person then managed to finish 3 hours before his official finish time. many others were finishing 1 or 2 hours early.
Even on the lightest days my job is hard to complete in the time I have, so it frustrates and annoys me that this situation goes on. If those that can finish so early have such easy rounds they should be used to help others before they go home. I bet they would not rush around if they had to go back out to help struggling walks. It amazes me that management allow this, given that "job and finish" was supposed to have ended years ago.
Personally I think Saturday should still be looked at separately from normal midweek days as many people have weddings, football matches etc and there is an unwritten rule that you and your mate can come in early to finish early if you have something important on and can't get the annual leave to cover it.

Would be really disappointed if someone feels we should treat saturday as a normal day as one of the last perks we still have is getting away early on a saturday.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: I went to work early today

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

kitkatchunky wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
kitkatchunky wrote:We have people coming in 1 hour early & take d2d home to prep
is that allowed taking d2d home to prep :hmmmm :hmmmm
No

D2Ds are classed as live mail. Taking live mail home is a sackable offence.

The dom turns a blind eye.
No doubt he does. But then so did one manager until IB started a covert examination of one of his posties and when they raided his home he had that weeks D2D on the table. The manager certainly had a few awkward questions to answer when RM became aware it was common practice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.