ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Worried about going into work

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by General Mannerheim »

Bishbashbbosh wrote:QUoted Poster Banned
Feck me.
An intellect rivalled only by gardening tools. :roll:
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by Postie45 »

Bishbashbbosh wrote:Quoted poster banned
what an incredibly ignorant post
Bishbashbbosh
Posts: 80
Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
Gender: Male

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by Bishbashbbosh »

I've got sympathy for people who do find themselves on difficult duties and struggling to complete, but jack strikes me as the type that just causes problems whatever duty he was on. I mean, how many duties need a row taken off them to complete on time? And also, he must be getting moved because others have no problem completing the duty? :Boo hoo!
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by NWpostie »

I wonder if you're allowed to make a video and audio recording after of course letting the DOM know that this will be collected and saved for future tribunals.

I think your major issue is lack of control over your circumstances which is not good for your mental state, I would also be reminding the DOM of "vicarious liability" for over ruling ATOS on his own recognisance, let's hope he can afford the payout.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Jack Rouse
Posts: 74
Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
Gender: Male

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by Jack Rouse »

Bishbashbbosh wrote:Quoted poster banned
Thanks for the compliment.

However, the walk has been done by other people, I am 58, and a bloke aged 28 cannot complete the whole frame in the duty time, even he has to go 1.5 hrs over, except for a Tuesday which is about 3/4 of an hour over.

In fact while I have been on holiday/day off various people of varying ages have attempted to complete the walk, the amount they go over varies from 1hr to 2.5hrs.

So that tells me that it's not a case of me having to "grow the fcuk up and get on with my job" as you so kindly put it.

As for being "lazy" I work the way RM want me to, I use a trolley, I take my breaks, I do my deads, I do my re-di's in fact the Union rep has said that I am a model employee in the way I approach work.

Can you say the same ?
Jack Rouse
Posts: 74
Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
Gender: Male

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by Jack Rouse »

Bishbashbbosh wrote:I've got sympathy for people who do find themselves on difficult duties and struggling to complete, but jack strikes me as the type that just causes problems whatever duty he was on. I mean, how many duties need a row taken off them to complete on time? And also, he must be getting moved because others have no problem completing the duty? :Boo hoo!
The office I am in is trying to go through it's third incarnation of a revision, the last one they took 390 hrs out of the office, the town has had 2500 house built since the 2010 agreement came into force, there are another 2000 homes planned for the town, so EVERY delivery has been increased in size, and some duties are increasing on a daily basis as more homes are sold.

The duty in case is a rural, and has 580 delivery points, the largest area is MOD accommodation, it is pedestrianised, as it is military they are virtually inflation proof, they get bonus's everytime they come back off exercise or a tour of duty, this gives them thousands to spend, so the packet count on the walk is horrendous, large packets are frequently in the 40 a day region, attended calls can be 40-50 a day. At the present time I have 50 re-directs to go through every day, then there are all the deads, because very few of them leave forwarding addresses.

If you PM me, I will get my DOM to contact your DOM, you can come down for week and do it, we have a spare room at my place, you can stay FOC, and if you manage to complete the walk within the time on ANY day of the week, you can shag my missus.
Jack Rouse
Posts: 74
Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
Gender: Male

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by Jack Rouse »

NWpostie wrote:I wonder if you're allowed to make a video and audio recording after of course letting the DOM know that this will be collected and saved for future tribunals.

I think your major issue is lack of control over your circumstances which is not good for your mental state, I would also be reminding the DOM of "vicarious liability" for over ruling ATOS on his own recognisance, let's hope he can afford the payout.
He has said to both of our Reps that he doesn't recognise ringfencing of duties, they then pointed out to him that in the last resign he agreed to five people being ringfenced on duties due to the equalities act.

The upshot of it is, that I had a long hard think about it today, I stood my ground and refused to move off the frame, I was even threatened that I would be removed from the office, until I pointed out that if he so much as touched me it would be considered as assault, he intimated that he would ask colleagues to escort me off the premises, off course he couldn't get volunteers for that either.

I did the walk today, but after talking to the rep, and close friend and colleague who told me few truths, that I hadn't been as happy as I normally am for weeks, and I didn't seem to care much anymore, he reminded me that I'd also spoke to him about problems at home, and he suggested that the harassment at work might be having an effect on my home life.

So in an attempt to get a quieter life in the office, and to see if they really will leave me alone I've agreed to come off the walk... on my terms, mainly that they have to find me a walk that complies with the ATOS requirements, I've actually got this in writing, and witnessed by the Area Rep, so I'm hoping that this will be the end of it.

Tomorrow I will be "risk assessing" the walk they want me to take on, from how it's been described to me, it may be a case of "out of the frying pan into the fire".
In The Know
Posts: 50
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
Gender: Male

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by In The Know »

Jack Rouse wrote:
Bishbashbbosh wrote:I've got sympathy for people who do find themselves on difficult duties and struggling to complete, but jack strikes me as the type that just causes problems whatever duty he was on. I mean, how many duties need a row taken off them to complete on time? And also, he must be getting moved because others have no problem completing the duty? :Boo hoo!
The office I am in is trying to go through it's third incarnation of a revision, the last one they took 390 hrs out of the office, the town has had 2500 house built since the 2010 agreement came into force, there are another 2000 homes planned for the town, so EVERY delivery has been increased in size, and some duties are increasing on a daily basis as more homes are sold.

The duty in case is a rural, and has 580 delivery points, the largest area is MOD accommodation, it is pedestrianised, as it is military they are virtually inflation proof, they get bonus's everytime they come back off exercise or a tour of duty, this gives them thousands to spend, so the packet count on the walk is horrendous, large packets are frequently in the 40 a day region, attended calls can be 40-50 a day. At the present time I have 50 re-directs to go through every day, then there are all the deads, because very few of them leave forwarding addresses.


If you PM me, I will get my DOM to contact your DOM, you can come down for week and do it, we have a spare room at my place, you can stay FOC, and if you manage to complete the walk within the time on ANY day of the week, you can shag my missus.
Image
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by spiderj »

Jack Rouse wrote:
Bishbashbbosh wrote:I've got sympathy for people who do find themselves on difficult duties and struggling to complete, but jack strikes me as the type that just causes problems whatever duty he was on. I mean, how many duties need a row taken off them to complete on time? And also, he must be getting moved because others have no problem completing the duty? :Boo hoo!
The office I am in is trying to go through it's third incarnation of a revision, the last one they took 390 hrs out of the office, the town has had 2500 house built since the 2010 agreement came into force, there are another 2000 homes planned for the town, so EVERY delivery has been increased in size, and some duties are increasing on a daily basis as more homes are sold.

The duty in case is a rural, and has 580 delivery points, the largest area is MOD accommodation, it is pedestrianised, as it is military they are virtually inflation proof, they get bonus's everytime they come back off exercise or a tour of duty, this gives them thousands to spend, so the packet count on the walk is horrendous, large packets are frequently in the 40 a day region, attended calls can be 40-50 a day. At the present time I have 50 re-directs to go through every day, then there are all the deads, because very few of them leave forwarding addresses.

If you PM me, I will get my DOM to contact your DOM, you can come down for week and do it, we have a spare room at my place, you can stay FOC, and if you manage to complete the walk within the time on ANY day of the week, you can shag my missus.
Quality response

Sound like you will risk assess properly,nice one,me personally I'd do it exactly by the book also with depression anxiety sometimes rears its head,so.,......dogs,driving etc etc

Never knew a company that hated its staff so much.
I won
mudmonster
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by mudmonster »

bishbashbosh,are you a manager ,you disgust me ,apology needed,or moderator should ban him :no no :no no :no no
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Moderator did indeed ban him.

Unacceptable behaviour.

You can disagree with someone, you can even suggest they are lazy, but you can't do it with abuse and in a way that could be construed as Bullying and Harassment.

In fact what he posted would get an ordinary postie sacked for gross misconduct, what would happen to a manager I can only guess at, but hopefully it would be the same.

If you do re-register Bishbashbosh then please be aware that I will ban further accounts even if I only suspect they are yours. Your behaviour was borderline in some respects, but on this matter you went completely over the top.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Boydieboydie
Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Feb 2011, 14:12
Gender: Male

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by Boydieboydie »

Haha... BBB. Serves you right for being such a cringey DIM/lino :dance

It's idiot managers like you that make this job unbearable at times, I bet you are as much of an arse at work as you WERE on here
:cuppa

Unfortunately, I don't believe anything will happen with it... After all, the forum is a separate entity to RM. Atleast we won't be hearing from you again... TaTa :wave
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

To be frank I have no idea if he was a manager, I was merely pointing out what would happen if a postie was reported for what he posted. Also whether he was a manager or not has no bearing on if he can be a member or not, in fact I wish managers would join and post more often.

However, no one should be subjected to the level of abuse contained in that 1 single post, and if anyone else had posted it they would have also been banned, no matter how long they have been a member, or how senior they are.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Boydieboydie
Posts: 23
Joined: 26 Feb 2011, 14:12
Gender: Male

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by Boydieboydie »

Not sure what he said on this occasion, but he has said a few borderline things before so glad to have him gone. I didn't realise you could get reported on here though, is calling him an arse reportable lol. You got me worried now :silenced

And how would you know who he is! :hmmmm
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Worried about going into work

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Boydieboydie wrote:Not sure what he said on this occasion,
I wont repeat it but as I said it was enough to earn anyone a ban.
Boydieboydie wrote:but he has said a few borderline things before so glad to have him gone.
Yes, he was on my RADAR but never actually crossed the line.
Boydieboydie wrote:I didn't realise you could get reported on here though,
We don't report you, but there are plenty of lurkers and managers that have had words with members in the real world, about what they posted. We have even had a few sacked so its best to be careful and post only what you would say to a manager in a face to face.
Boydieboydie wrote:is calling him an arse reportable lol. You got me worried now :silenced
Unless he turns out to be your manager I don't think you have a problem. But calling anyone an arse is not a good move.
Boydieboydie wrote:And how would you know who he is! :hmmmm
I don't know him personally. However, people always leave clues and make it fairly easy for managers to identify a particular poster from their Unit/team. I myself told my Managers who I am to avoid any issues but its always best to be honest, respectful and as said before its best not to post anything you are not prepapred to repeat or defend.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.