ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!

Post by Lincox »

There is no end to the problems with Managing this company. I retired two weeks ago and still being paid. Have notified local DO but the money keeps on coming. I still have my security badge, no one has asked for it back, so effectively I could put on a few bits of old uniform that I have and walk into any office. The whole system is a joke and it is obvious that the local manager has not even notified HR that I have retired. No p45 or any acknowledgement of my retirement has arrived. Joke, complete joke outfit.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!

Post by datasaint »

ysbrydtawel wrote:When I'm collecting from firms, if they have no PPI paperwork, I won't take it.
What does the collection manager say to that?
2791dean
Posts: 41
Joined: 23 Dec 2010, 09:42
Gender: Male

Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!

Post by 2791dean »

norm wrote:
ysbrydtawel wrote:When I'm collecting from firms, if they have no PPI paperwork, I won't take it.
What does the collection manager say to that?
Manager can't say anything to that as that's the rule, no paper work no collection hence why the ones who aren't paying try their hand at slipping it though the net by dropping it at post office counters!
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!

Post by datasaint »

Even if there's paperwork doesn't mean what's inside the bag corresponds.

I think not collecting mail, having that customer severely annoyed is a greater risk vs no paperwork.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!

Post by NWpostie »

norm wrote:Even if there's paperwork doesn't mean what's inside the bag corresponds.

I think not collecting mail, having that customer severely annoyed is a greater risk vs no paperwork.
No point collecting without paperwork as there is a risk it could be unpaid and we are taking it for free, I am prepared to upset customers by refusing to collect without paperwork, otherwise you risk setting a precedent and loophole to avoid paying.

It is a condition of using PPI to produce paperwork with mail particularly at last collection of the day, there was a a PPI review and one customers owed £10,000 since then the customer has regularly been diverted to Revenue protection and regularly falls short as a result the mail is held until the final amount is paid, retailers need to realise that it i sin their interest to provide correct paperwork and not try to commit fraud which is a criminal matter, which can cause PPI contract to be suspended, this would disrupt their business, as to PPI being dumped in Post Office counters they should also ask for corresponding paperwork and scan accordingly, this way they can't circumvent paying it. It is OUR money and OUR wages OUR business future and viability which our jobs depends on.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!

Post by Dorset Plodder »

thehappyones wrote:Don't forget the amount of stamps that go un-cancelled also!!
I counted recently approx. £200 worth of stamps in about 2hrs un-cancelled
A particular Pet Hate of mine. I ALWAYS endorse every unfranked stamp I see. Some may consider me a bit Anal about it but I always say, "So you want to work for Free do you? Because the person that's posted that letter is getting it delivered for Free and when the recipient peels the stamp off and uses it they're going to get a Free letter as well"! :mad

They'll normally reply, "You can't peel these stamps off as they've got anti-tamper panels that remain on the envelope when you attempt to remove them"! I'll then demonstrate that a stamp can be peeled off with the panels intact! :whistle

The way I see it if we all put our minds to it (and spent some of RMs time doing it) we'd get 3 attempts to sort this problem: 1) On IPS 2) When Throwing Off 3) When Door Steeping. Instead of that most Posties can't be arsed to spend a few seconds on each stamp (which they're getting paid to do) and just ignore them. Taking money out of their own pockets! :arrrghhh
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!

Post by 5plusbonusball »

We don't see these problems in the MC, but we get it in the neck when "Mrs Biddy" gets a birthday card from her daughter that is 5mm too big and she gets hounded for £1.11 yet companies are getting away with murder -
I still can't see how these ebay companies can send packets freepost and make a profit - oh I am seeing now they're using dodgy franks! :evil/mad
Why are lino's paid full-time ??