ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
There is no end to the problems with Managing this company. I retired two weeks ago and still being paid. Have notified local DO but the money keeps on coming. I still have my security badge, no one has asked for it back, so effectively I could put on a few bits of old uniform that I have and walk into any office. The whole system is a joke and it is obvious that the local manager has not even notified HR that I have retired. No p45 or any acknowledgement of my retirement has arrived. Joke, complete joke outfit.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
What does the collection manager say to that?ysbrydtawel wrote:When I'm collecting from firms, if they have no PPI paperwork, I won't take it.
-
2791dean
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 23 Dec 2010, 09:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
Manager can't say anything to that as that's the rule, no paper work no collection hence why the ones who aren't paying try their hand at slipping it though the net by dropping it at post office counters!norm wrote:What does the collection manager say to that?ysbrydtawel wrote:When I'm collecting from firms, if they have no PPI paperwork, I won't take it.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
Even if there's paperwork doesn't mean what's inside the bag corresponds.
I think not collecting mail, having that customer severely annoyed is a greater risk vs no paperwork.
I think not collecting mail, having that customer severely annoyed is a greater risk vs no paperwork.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
No point collecting without paperwork as there is a risk it could be unpaid and we are taking it for free, I am prepared to upset customers by refusing to collect without paperwork, otherwise you risk setting a precedent and loophole to avoid paying.norm wrote:Even if there's paperwork doesn't mean what's inside the bag corresponds.
I think not collecting mail, having that customer severely annoyed is a greater risk vs no paperwork.
It is a condition of using PPI to produce paperwork with mail particularly at last collection of the day, there was a a PPI review and one customers owed £10,000 since then the customer has regularly been diverted to Revenue protection and regularly falls short as a result the mail is held until the final amount is paid, retailers need to realise that it i sin their interest to provide correct paperwork and not try to commit fraud which is a criminal matter, which can cause PPI contract to be suspended, this would disrupt their business, as to PPI being dumped in Post Office counters they should also ask for corresponding paperwork and scan accordingly, this way they can't circumvent paying it. It is OUR money and OUR wages OUR business future and viability which our jobs depends on.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
A particular Pet Hate of mine. I ALWAYS endorse every unfranked stamp I see. Some may consider me a bit Anal about it but I always say, "So you want to work for Free do you? Because the person that's posted that letter is getting it delivered for Free and when the recipient peels the stamp off and uses it they're going to get a Free letter as well"!thehappyones wrote:Don't forget the amount of stamps that go un-cancelled also!!
I counted recently approx. £200 worth of stamps in about 2hrs un-cancelled
They'll normally reply, "You can't peel these stamps off as they've got anti-tamper panels that remain on the envelope when you attempt to remove them"! I'll then demonstrate that a stamp can be peeled off with the panels intact!
The way I see it if we all put our minds to it (and spent some of RMs time doing it) we'd get 3 attempts to sort this problem: 1) On IPS 2) When Throwing Off 3) When Door Steeping. Instead of that most Posties can't be arsed to spend a few seconds on each stamp (which they're getting paid to do) and just ignore them. Taking money out of their own pockets!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Companies getting ridiculous and going down the pan!!!
We don't see these problems in the MC, but we get it in the neck when "Mrs Biddy" gets a birthday card from her daughter that is 5mm too big and she gets hounded for £1.11 yet companies are getting away with murder -
I still can't see how these ebay companies can send packets freepost and make a profit - oh I am seeing now they're using dodgy franks!
I still can't see how these ebay companies can send packets freepost and make a profit - oh I am seeing now they're using dodgy franks!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??